MINE

Mine Progress Thread

132 posts in this topic

Haha yeah don't want anything catching fire that's for sure! Pics of new stuff?

Will probably take a few tomorrow

It's been a while, so here is the update:

SpecD Tuning Projector Headlights

Interior Painting Complete

Summer Rims (White 18" stock ralliart rims)

Engine Bay Paint Job

Rear Flaps

Kermit Sticker (Picked up at Clean Culture)

She needs a good wash still

Still To Do - Lots :)

Finish Seat Warmer Install

Vortex Generator

Handle/Sunglass Case Swap

Headliner

Speaker Upgrade

Sound deadening

Hood Dampers

Fuse Box Relay

12V AUX port

Sill Plates

And the list goes on...

IMG_8612_zpsfr6dq1fc.jpg

IMG_8617_zpsixu3v2zz.jpg

IMG_8622_zpsptoll0hb.jpg

IMG_8625_zps58i8e9d7.jpg

IMG_8627_zpsqmbi2gcf.jpg

IMG_8630_zpsbu0obx5q.jpg

IMG_8722_zpszeobjsdu.jpg

IMG_8726_zps7ckdzkpn.jpg

IMG_8729_zpsduwbr9xe.jpg

Like the covers

Regards Al

You Pies!

Thanks, I have to do a little bit of touch up, since with the engine heat the dip shrunk a bit on the mitsu logo

I've been busy today... she still needs a wash though

Seat warmer install complete

USB port relocated

Fire extinguisher mounted

IMG_8732_zps3flybrmp.jpg

IMG_8733_zpsppwl8htr.jpg

IMG_8734_zpsv1da7yju.jpg

IMG_8735_zpsf0u1kqii.jpg

and the glove box still opens

Thanks to fastcar123 for his HVAC replacement tutorial, helped for taking out a few parts

how did you do your seat warmers? im curious about this

how did you do your seat warmers? im curious about this

It was a real pain lol

bought carbon fiber warming pad kit. the seat covers are in 2 pieces - one for the backrest and one for the seat. the back rest was pretty easy - the cover has these plastic clips under the seat (2 of them), then a long clip along the back of the seat down low. I unzipped the backs after the frist two clips and slid the long one out sideways instead of pulling it off since that was way easier. at that point the backrest cover could be lifted in the front and I slid and adhered the pad in place.

the seat part was a real bear. after the backrest pad is in place i removed the plastic panel along the outside of the seat by the backrest angle adjustment lever. this gave me access to the clips that go along the entire rim of the metal seat frame and I was able to pop them off rather easily (with the panel in place it is nearly impossible). then peeled back the seat cover as far as I could to find yet another obstacle. the style lines in the upholstery are held in place by plastic rods sewn into the seam with are connected to metal rods in the seat by metal rings. I cut/bent/removed the ring in the middle of the seat, put nothces in the outside of the pads for where the other two rings would sit, then forced the pad into place without popping any of the other rings. Make sure the electrical tails are accessible and restore the seat covers, making sure the style line plastic piece is flipped the right way so it sits naturally (you'll know if it's wrong). I removed the center console, ran the switch leads up and into the space below the cup holder, cut holes for the switches with a dremel, ran the power and ground lines to my aux fuse block behind the glovebox. Buttonned it all bakc up and bingo, there you have it.

They warm up pretty fast, looking forward to using them in the Buffalo winter.

The hardest part is getting the seat pad in place and dealing with those style line plstic pieces. The first seat took me a solid 2 hours to figure out, the second took me about 30 minutes in the freezing cold and with another set of hands to hold things back/in place. I definitely recommend having a buddy - that second set of hands made it so much easier.

Unfortunately I do not have pics, but I can make up some drawings to better illustrate the process if you'd like

It was a real pain lol

bought carbon fiber warming pad kit. the seat covers are in 2 pieces - one for the backrest and one for the seat. the back rest was pretty easy - the cover has these plastic clips under the seat (2 of them), then a long clip along the back of the seat down low. I unzipped the backs after the frist two clips and slid the long one out sideways instead of pulling it off since that was way easier. at that point the backrest cover could be lifted in the front and I slid and adhered the pad in place.

the seat part was a real bear. after the backrest pad is in place i removed the plastic panel along the outside of the seat by the backrest angle adjustment lever. this gave me access to the clips that go along the entire rim of the metal seat frame and I was able to pop them off rather easily (with the panel in place it is nearly impossible). then peeled back the seat cover as far as I could to find yet another obstacle. the style lines in the upholstery are held in place by plastic rods sewn into the seam with are connected to metal rods in the seat by metal rings. I cut/bent/removed the ring in the middle of the seat, put nothces in the outside of the pads for where the other two rings would sit, then forced the pad into place without popping any of the other rings. Make sure the electrical tails are accessible and restore the seat covers, making sure the style line plastic piece is flipped the right way so it sits naturally (you'll know if it's wrong). I removed the center console, ran the switch leads up and into the space below the cup holder, cut holes for the switches with a dremel, ran the power and ground lines to my aux fuse block behind the glovebox. Buttonned it all bakc up and bingo, there you have it.

They warm up pretty fast, looking forward to using them in the Buffalo winter.

The hardest part is getting the seat pad in place and dealing with those style line plstic pieces. The first seat took me a solid 2 hours to figure out, the second took me about 30 minutes in the freezing cold and with another set of hands to hold things back/in place. I definitely recommend having a buddy - that second set of hands made it so much easier.

Unfortunately I do not have pics, but I can make up some drawings to better illustrate the process if you'd like

actually I wouldn't mind seeing those drawings. Whats great is I actually don't like butt warmers but I do like back warmers. got any links?

Nice bro...

Color shift trim?

Color shift trim?

Nope, just some crafty spray can work. Probably going to wrap that soon though, not crazy about the look

Nice bro...

thanks bro

actually I wouldn't mind seeing those drawings. Whats great is I actually don't like butt warmers but I do like back warmers. got any links?

Since you are only looking to do the seat backs I have only drawn that part of the process.

This is the link to the product I ordered. You will get 4 pads total: a butt and back pad for each seat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008D2LIRG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00

Here is the front of the seat. The shaded area shows where the pad is located. That whole large panel is accesible, from the crease of the seat all the way up to the style line.

IMG_8739_zps2ajebbiv.jpg

Here is a side/section view of how the seat cover works. it starts at the long clip in the back, goes between the seat back and the seat itself, up the front of the seat back, over the top, down to the long clip again (attaches to itself there), and has an extension that leads under the seat.

IMG_8738_zpsfwp8gntq.jpg

Here is what is going on under the seat. The extension has 2 clips that attach to the springs on the bottom of the seat. These are easy to pop or slide off.

IMG_8740_zpsxjygq4cq.jpg

Here is the back of the seat. The long clip runs the whole width of the seat, and the side view of the clip shows you how they lock together. Instead of trying to fight against the clips, I unzipped the zippers and used the slack from that to slide the clips apart in opposite directions. This still was a lot of pulling, and I had to flex the clips a bit, but it was way easier than trying to fight those clips.

IMG_8737_zpsqhdxcovl.jpg

Putting the seat cover back on I just used the long clip normally instead of trying to slide the two back together.

Cabling is the easy part for this one :)

I hope this satisfies your curiosity, if anything is unclear/any questions feel free to ask

I dont know if this relate, I have heated seats, but looking in racing seat... Do you know if I can transfer the heating system to those from my old seats?

@T-Flash:

I'm not sure. If they consist of a pad sitting between the seat cover and the foam then probably, if they are more heavily integrated into the seat then maybe not.

Another update:

I removed my fog housings. After 2 years of running 35-Watt, 6000K HIDs, the reflector housing has almost zero damage. One of them has some bubling and cracking, but that one had almost an inch of water in it from this past winter, so I think the heat of the lamps + the water caused the issue. The other one looks great and didn't have standing water. If I had gone with the 55-Watt HIDs I think there might have been reflector damage.

IMG_8741_zpspdvnw7fh.jpg

Projector Fogs: Fitment isn't perfect but it still looks good, I'll come up with something to close the gap. Not wired in, just placed.

IMG_8743_zpsejkijfsa.jpg

IMG_8744_zpsh10e3yro.jpg

Vortex Fins:

IMG_8745_zpsbxtnslh2.jpg

Sweet dude. I am doing a retro on mine since they need some repair but I need to find some way of making some parts water tight. I thinking water proof silicon wrap.

Sweet dude. I am doing a retro on mine since they need some repair but I need to find some way of making some parts water tight. I thinking water proof silicon wrap.

I just picked up some black silicone adhesive, going to seal up one of my door edge protectors that keeps coming loose. That could be an option for sealing some parts that need to stay black. You going to Newtown this weekend?

No they messaged me and told me not to bring the gang as they won't have the space for imports at the sshow. They are only doing domestics :/

That sucks, but more time to sleep I suppose.

Was going to save this for a reveal:

IMG_8746_zpslhutkwhz.jpg

Did you put halos around your Hella Horns?

that's pretty cool I must admit

Did you put halos around your Hella Horns?

Hellas are still on the to do list. The projector fogs came with halos, I whipped up a bracket and mounted them behind the grille

that's pretty cool I must admit

Thanks!

STI lip install: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008WGOF3M?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00

Took about 4 hours of dremel work, then another hour of pushing, shoving, swearing, and screwing.

Still needs a bit of work at the corners to fill in some gap. 2 gaps under the grille but I like the look so those will stay. Also need to figure out what to do just in front of the tires, the lip pinches in a bit there.

IMG_8809_zpsrp2i2yyp.jpg

IMG_8806_zps63skebel.jpg

IMG_8808_zpsgnetnlea.jpg

Sweet

But I thought these lips were supposed to be bolt on