MINE

Mine Progress Thread

132 posts in this topic

There are a bunch of STI lip variants with varying degrees of compatability. Looks like I found one that isn't as smooth, but ILANCER08 said he has this one as well and it fit just fine with his fangs. I have the stock ES front end, so no fangs for me, which could be why fitment was so challenging.

Soon to come: sill plates and my new exterior color scheme

Dippin' it?

Dippin' it?

Mix of dip and paint. I'm getting tired of dip. When I don't use enough it doesn't peel well, it doesn't sand well, and the recommended dry time between coats is so much lnger than rattle can. But I do like some of their color options

Hookay, here we go.

Painted the lip gloss black, is a close match. Used asphalt caulk and rubber weather stripping to seal up the gaps in the lip, I think it came out great.

Sill plates:

IMG_8858_zpsrpd6vnow.jpg

IMG_8859_zpsp0fekgmw.jpg

Rims + calipers painted:

IMG_8851_zpstltppkba.jpg

IMG_8855_zpsdzgmq53l.jpg

Daytime photos coming soon (and she still needs a wash too)

Daytime Photos (more to come by the end of the month)

IMG_8860_zps3zchvvxa.jpg

It's coming along real nice! Great job..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a bunch of STI lip variants with varying degrees of compatability. Looks like I found one that isn't as smooth, but ILANCER08 said he has this one as well and it fit just fine with his fangs. I have the stock ES front end, so no fangs for me, which could be why fitment was so challenging.

Soon to come: sill plates and my new exterior color scheme

Yeah that lip goes on a lot easier with the fangs lol

It's coming along real nice! Great job..

Thanks man. Her rear end needs work but I want to figure out exhaust first. She also needs a drop. More cosmetics coming hopefully before July is out, I have a shoot planned for next week, and she desparately needs a bath

Thanks man. Her rear end needs work but I want to figure out exhaust first. She also needs a drop. More cosmetics coming hopefully before July is out, I have a shoot planned for next week, and she desparately needs a bath

Clean Culture?

Clean Culture?

Most likely. And I'll be coming from Saratoga so I'll actually make the cruise this time

WeatherTech floor mats: check

Duckbill lip: arrived, need paint and install

Rear window visor: on its way

Wash: tomorrow

Adirondack photo shoot: this week

ROTM submission: this week

We rollin :)

awww yiss

A little adhesive work on the door edge guards

Duckbill installed (just a tad off-center but once the 3M touched it stuck on good, no big though)

Rear window visor installed

Headlight focus adjusted

Washed and waxed

Waiting on photos from the photographer...

DSC_0900_zps97uaovm8.jpg

DSC_0944_zpskapbago0.jpg

DSC_0914_zpse8yenmb7.jpg

DSC_0849_zpsvexgwqvk.jpg

YEAH!!!

YEAH!!!

Definitely going to be at Clean Culture this Sunday

Definitely going to be at Clean Culture this Sunday

Coming to our cruise of will I see you there?

Coming to our cruise of will I see you there?

I will make the Port Chester cruise

still alive?

Been a while, busy with school and such, but the holidays were good to me.

Hood dampers (finally rid of the infernal hood stick!)

HID headlights

Enkei GW8's

dampers_zpso3rmqm2p.jpg

gw8s_zpsyqdwhflu.jpg

Dude Those look sick! Did you get those from a guy with a rotor glow?

Dude Those look sick! Did you get those from a guy with a rotor glow?

Naw, the GW8's are brand new. They come with the red accents and gray accents, those little triangles can be swapped out for the other color or can be painted if desired

How was the install on the hood struts? Was thinking of getting them. Rims look nice as well. I am hoping to find s good lip that's not such a pain to install.

Car looks good!!!

How was the install on the hood struts? Was thinking of getting them. Rims look nice as well. I am hoping to find s good lip that's not such a pain to install.

Caution on the hood dampers, they are sweet for show but tend to wear out after two years even with minimal use on a light aluminum evo x hood.

I was disappointed mine didn't last long... Debating getting some for my ralliart now... Had to put the hood stick back on my gts before i sold to my sister.

Install was not difficult, but not plug and play, involved some drilling and extra hardware. Here is the link to the product and the review I wrote detailing the install complications:

http://www.amazon.com/Autobahn88-2010-2012-Mitsubishi-Lancer-Support/product-reviews/B01081TVQE/ref=cm_cr_dp_see_all_btm?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1&sortBy=recent

Do not use the suggested fender mounting point from the instructions unless there is some structural element your model has that mine does not, it will not hold up.

As for the lip, I ditched that before the snow started flying and will not be going back to it. I used rubber from a door seal to fill the gaps in fitment but after a few weeks of driving and weather the rubber started to fall out and it started looking crappy. Landed a cheap set of fangs and will look into a V-lip in the future, I really like that combination.

Caution on the hood dampers, they are sweet for show but tend to wear out after two years even with minimal use on a light aluminum evo x hood.

I was disappointed mine didn't last long... Debating getting some for my ralliart now... Had to put the hood stick back on my gts before i sold to my sister.

Thanks for the heads up on the dampers, we'll see how long mine last. I didn't go all out and buy the ridiculously expensive Tein set, but maybe their product would hold up best and they probably have some sort of warrantee deal...we'll see how the bank account looks when the time comes to replace them. For now I'm very glad to have the hood stick out of my way, it's so much cleaner to work now