MINE

Mine Progress Thread

139 posts in this topic

I like the setup very clean and good looking car imo the details make the car and your interior is top notch !

On 5/10/2017 at 2:28 PM, the_prodigy said:

I like the setup very clean and good looking car imo the details make the car and your interior is top notch !

Thanks!  The interior has been the biggest part of my build, so close to being finished with it

i'm still trying to figure out how you stuck the bride material to the top of the car so perfectly what did you use?

4 hours ago, the_prodigy said:

i'm still trying to figure out how you stuck the bride material to the top of the car so perfectly what did you use?

Magic. Lol.

1st - Iron the fabric.  It will get a lot of tiny wrinkles out and will improve installation and adhesion.

3M Headliner adhesive.  I removed the old felt from the headliner and applied directly to the fiber composite structure.  Laid out the fabric as I wanted it, trimmed off a bit of extra, lined everything up with half folded over so I was looking at half of the underside of the fabric and half of the backer.  Sprayed the adhesive - 3 coats laid all at once, 2 going north-south and one east-west, looking for good and even coverage.  Let sit for about 15 minutes to tack up, then worked my way from center directly across to the outside of the headliner.  You need to apply pressure and work directly north-south or east-west, because if you work on a diagonal along the bias of the fabric it will stretch and you will have a hard time with wrinkles.  Let sit for about 30 minutes, then repeat the procedure with the other side.  Let the whole thing sit for an hour, then cut X's in the holes for lights, handles, etc.  Flip over and spray a bit of adhesive on the back of the backer at the hole locations, then fold the tabs of the X's back into the hole and glue them to the back of the backer.

Any specific questions fire away

On 2016-5-24 at 9:50 PM, MINE said:

Good news/bad news.  Good news - clear coat done, cupholders done, welcome lights fixed, trunk muffled, reverse lights smoked and installed.

Bad news - curbed one of my Enkei's real bad, ordering a new one.  Looks like it'll be another week or two before she's ready for show

IMG_20160519_163511225_HDR_zpsjxxiraa9.j

IMG_20160519_194613885_zpszzpcbadv.jpg

IMG_20160521_100240587_HDR_zps6oafdmpo.j

IMG_20160523_224532780_zpsvoeao9hl.jpg

IMG_20160523_092453657_zps1mx69ovt.jpg

what did you do when you muffled the trunk? did it help?

I don't have my aftermarket exhaust in yet so I didn't notice much. I used GTMat for vibration control, have not yet added any MLV or similar for full absorption

So I did something yesterday...

20170604_10025420170604_09560720170604_095943

MOD East Coast 2017

20170819_130158

Nice car man ! :)

By the way, where did you buy these ''Bride'' trim ? Look so cool, original Gray interior in the Mitsubishi looks so odd. ^^

All of the Bride fabric was ordered online, I think from Alibaba or similar

7 hours ago, MINE said:

All of the Bride fabric was ordered online, I think from Alibaba or similar

Just found them on ebay :P Was it hard to install ?

Maybe want to do this myself but with white trim on the door like this : https://gyazo.com/7322ab84323785bbe910442b3cb726b5

And Bride Trim on the top like you did ^^

I'm a bit affraid of the white being dirty after some week tbh

Yeah the white will be hard to keep clean. The fabric was easy to install. For the headliner I pulled the old felt off and used a good spray adhesive 

Not much new lately, probably waiting until spring to install the disc brakes.  Picked up a set of coilovers and need to find a shop to weld a flex pipe into my exhaust before installing that.  She is close to 100K miles...

Sounds like I have a pitted bearing in the tranny, so keeping an eye on that over the next couple of months as that could be a big repair.  Changed the tranny fluid this weekend - for those wondering you will need a 24mm wrench or socket to loosen the drain and fill plugs.  2.6 Quarts/2.5L of 75W-80 MTF, I get the fluid from the dealer so I know it's the right stuff.

20171118_195257

NJ 1, me 0.

Looks like I won't be selling these to fund the next setup.

On the bright side - I already have wheels on order.  18x9.5 +35 should bring me nicely flush

20171206_063643