MINE

Mine Progress Thread

153 posts in this topic

Did something stupid this weekend.  Got the shorter end links from Whiteline, figuring I'd need them when I lowered, not thinking about the geometry of the AMR's.  AMR's use end link collars on the coilover threads instead of a mount welded to the coilover base, so the Whitelines I had bought with the AMR's were the right choice.  I learned this the hard way - did the install, walked away, hours later had to pick up my father for dinner and drove for 30 minutes with the sway bar smacking the frame every time the suspension traveled.  Let's just say that's not a fun way to drive.

Hopefully I can whip up a lower mount and have a welder slap it onto the coilover base so I can remove the collar, use the shorter links and get about another inch or so of drop.

Tested with the SR08's this weekend and the drop was very driveable, with the end link collar still on the coilover I couldn't get less than a 1 finger gap.  Great starting point, but I'd like a bit less gap.  Otherwise the 8.5's at +30 sit super flush and are exactly what I'm looking for.  Just need a bit more low.

Also got the Jeep back together, pretty much everything is working except the speedo, rear wiper, and 4wd (tcase stuck in 2H, whoch is fine for a DD. for now.)

How much clearance are you sitting on now in the wheel wells?

1 hour ago, Denyzen said:

How much clearance are you sitting on now in the wheel wells?

Looks like about a finger between the tire and the fender.  Not sure if I will clear the fender edge with suspension travel, will probably have to adjust camber and pull the fender a bit if stiffening the front suspension doesn't work.

In other news, I found a dealer that seems to be willing to honor the warranty for my tranny bearing, so hopefully that goes smoothly.  Having them replace the slave while the tranny is out.

Leaving for Germany soon, it will be a long 5 weeks without working on the cars.  Jeep should be inspected and ready when I get back too.

Lancer future plans:

• Rear disc conversion
  • Install new wheel package
  • Get some low
  • Aluminum belly guard?
  • Finish headlights (someday...)
  • Taillights (someday...)
  • Exhaust
  • Wrap
  • Trunk divider
  • Seat pads
  • Replace EZlip