Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyDrum

White Trim

21 posts in this topic

Figured I would do what was easy and make some white trim, did not take too long, and I actually enjoy the look.

IMG_2951_zps563adf94.jpgIMG_2949_zpscad4d124.jpg

Very clean. I like it. I am thinking of doing the same to my shifter plate. Can you tell me how you got it off? I have been trying to figure that out a while.

For the gear shift plate, did you have to remove it?
Considering wrapping mine but not sure how much of a pain it is to remove

For the gear shift plate, did you have to remove it?

Considering wrapping mine but not sure how much of a pain it is to remove

that looks like plastidip...

that looks like plastidip...

Oh I know it does, but I just wanted to know if it had to be removed to paint it and how difficult it was

The shifter plate is easy to remove. Just pop the cup holder out of the way, disconnect electricals. Pull the panel that houses the cigarette outlet, disconnect the electrical harness, move it out of the way.

Next, remove your shift knob. Then you should see clip tabs near each corner of the shift plate. You can use your fingers to pry two on each side while you lift up. Or you can use a flat screwdriver. be cafeful not to scratch things up.

I actually did remove the shift plate to paint it, but I believe you have to remove the shift knob to pull it off, when I am home I will take a look and reply back. In order to get the gear plate off you have to remove the cup holder part which actually just pulls off if you pull nice and hard, I will try and find a guide or just take my own pics and post them.

Also, I took the gear plate off and painted it, but why is everyone so against PlastiDip? It is cheap and holds well, because I used it for the gauges.

I actually did remove the shift plate to paint it, but I believe you have to remove the shift knob to pull it off, when I am home I will take a look and reply back. In order to get the gear plate off you have to remove the cup holder part which actually just pulls off if you pull nice and hard, I will try and find a guide or just take my own pics and post them.

Also, I took the gear plate off and painted it, but why is everyone so against PlastiDip? It is cheap and holds well, because I used it for the gauges.

I thought so! Mines a ralliart though so my shift plate is different but I was just wondering the level of difficulty.

Plasti dip is great stuff! No hate here.

I had my interior originally done in plasti dip and it looked great!

30kc4mb.jpg

I'm pro-dip, have it on my summer wheels, although I think paint holds better.

This is my trim paint job:

post-8097-0-09332900-1417626488_thumb.jp

Would love to see a tutorial on how to remove that plate.

Here are mine. All painted.

Full View

Passenger Angle

Door Close Up

Would love to see a tutorial on how to remove that plate.

Here are mine. All painted.

Are those painted in gradient or are they that amorphous paint?

Are those painted in gradient or are they that amorphous paint?

It is painted in Rustoleum Color shift. It takes a little extra time but it gets looks at shows and stuff.

It is painted in Rustoleum Color shift. It takes a little extra time but it gets looks at shows and stuff.

Me gusta :thumbsup:

Damn I want to do this so bad but i'm afraid it will look like poop; I did this on my old car and the trim never went back in place correctly etc. Everyones jobs look AWESOME!

I actually painted mine. I never used plastidip. I know what color green matches my car. so I don't want to pay $10 if its not the right green. I use Grabber Green from autozone its actually engine paint, but it already contains primer and goes on smooth. but don't look at all the wires. Im still working on cleaning that up.

Green Trim

What a panda look... Like it. :laughing:

Dat green thou!!

Dat green thou!!

Dat Frap thou!! Yummmmm. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easiest way to do the dash?? like around the speedometer? my inner trim is already a carbon fiber which i kinda like but i'd love to have a little more pop wherever i can get it