Lancer Bass

New Lancer Model Thread (Rumours, Speculation, Etc.)

57 posts in this topic

It would only let me add 2 pictures but there she is!

not sure how i feel about the face lift. suspension looks higher up too. i know most of you hate that but its a rally car. i think it looks great as is

im confused. i thought they were done with lancers. or just done with evos. why make one and not the other? all i've heard is hat they're moving to do only SUVs.

SUV, CUV, and EV is their priority now. Sedans like Lancer and Mirage are secondary. The next gen Lancer is in development right now. It's expected in 2-3 years, but they are also looking to see if they can get a deal to rebrand another company's car for their sedan line (either Lancer or Galant size). Whichever comes first, really.

In related news, I can't wait for the Tokyo Auto Show.

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/small-4x4/mitsubishi/asx/tokyo-motor-show-mitsubishi-asx-plugs-in-54125

Hopefully they will reveal some news about it.

SUV, CUV, and EV is their priority now. Sedans like Lancer and Mirage are secondary. The next gen Lancer is in development right now. It's expected in 2-3 years, but they are also looking to see if they can get a deal to rebrand another company's car for their sedan line (either Lancer or Galant size). Whichever comes first, really.

In related news, I can't wait for the Tokyo Auto Show.

http://www.motoring.com.au/news/2015/small-4x4/mitsubishi/asx/tokyo-motor-show-mitsubishi-asx-plugs-in-54125

Hopefully they will reveal some news about it.

but still not going to make any RAs or evos. :(

MITSUBISHIS LIKE...

Lmfao

same-same-but-zp1m20.jpg

Recently published EVO X Final edition assembly video. Makes you tear up a bit.

This is possibly the most beautiful thing ever to roll off the assembly line...such an awesome video! She will be missed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Final edition. Why end such a beautiful and well respected car?

Final edition. Why end such a beautiful and well respected car?

Money. All corporate cares about is money. Everyone wants an Evo. But how many people are actually willing to spend $35,000 to own one? Now how many people are willing to spend that same amount on an outlander GT? Unfortunately owning an Evo is unrealistic for so many people that it just made more sense financially to kill It.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

The new Lancer looks like it is smiling instead of wanting to eat your soul.

The new Lancer looks like it is smiling instead of wanting to eat your soul.

Its smiling because it already ate your soul... And it was delicious! :P

Yeah, did not like the look either. but its still better than the new civics. haha.

And the ralliart is off. If they had a manual ralliart, i think it would have sold more as they are affordable.

http://wardsauto.com/industry/mitsubishi-hit-100000-sales-2016

Some good news:

A search for an OEM partner to co-develop the next-generation Lancer C-car “has not worked out,” he says. Mitsubishi had been reported to be talking with Renault-Nissan last year, but Swearingen told WardsAuto in June that it also was starting development on a next-gen Lancer on its own as well, fearing if it couldn’t find a partner it would be “another year behind” on the project.

Konieczka is mum on current Lancer developments except to say the brand is working on a strategy for a successor to the current generation, last all-new in 2007 as an ’08 model.

10G is still coming...maybe. Galant and Pajero/Montero line still dead from the looks of it

Hate how they're losing any aggressive look

It's so odd seeing a Lancer commercial on tv. The last time the Lancer got any airtime was 3 years ago when the sportbacks launched. I'm still hoping for a next gen Lancer in the next 5 years.

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-events/geneva/2016/mitsubishi-spells-out-its-suv-future/

The good news is that Pajero/Monterro/Shogun line is back...for 2021. Potentially, the Pajero model year will be 20 years old before it's replaced. Not looking good for our 8 year old Lancer.

What's even more sad is that the Mirage will get an PHEV model before the Lancer does. 

Not much of a change so far. Just looks like a new front bumper. In the UK these are already very rare cars. The hatchback is a bit more popular than the saloon (but far uglier) Evos are just overpriced with all the new tech added to them. For £30K can get a well specced Mercedes

It might be fit since its still maintain same chassis with Lancer, the front bumper mounting might be the same. Cross finger. 

And with a new headlight shape that section won't fit up properly.

I fear the similarity to the Corolla...

Well, here's to hoping someone makes a body kit