Lancer Bass

New Lancer Model Thread (Rumours, Speculation, Etc.)

57 posts in this topic

I'm assuming that its 200 hp with 110 torque for the new model. It is odd how the 2.0 is rated at 194 hp and 107 torque, unless it is not the 4B1X engines. Does anyone know what is available over in China/Asia?

refersh.jpg

I am thinking more in the direction of 110 and 107 kW :) seems more realistic

And regarding a new Lancer model - well they were planning a new one on the Renault Megane platform, however I read recently that Nissan executive has said that they want to revive the Evo but on a X-trail / Kadjar platform. It is a light SUV platform, but the X was also sharing platform with Outlander anyways so something good can come out of this.

Trancedrift is right, measurements are in kW and N.m . 2.0L engine is 143hp @ 143 lb·ft. Same old 4b11. Numbers are just a bit lower than specs for 4b11 simply because of increasing co2 regulations. Probably a bit more restrictive cat or ECU software.  The 1.5 turbo is unknown. It could be a turbocharged  4A91 engine that at N/a produce 109hp @ 107 lb·ft. It was widely used in Russian market on 08+ Lancers ( https://c-a.d-cd.net/9gfeb2s-960.jpg ) as the cheapest option, but was highly unreliable due to insufficient oil circulation in engine block. If that indeed is the same engine, they had to make some serious re engineering work done to that block to make it turbo safe. 

Oof.  This will be a disappointment

Still sad that 2017 is last in the USDM but China is still getting a new one. The new interior looks good, but the new centre display is too busy for me. The crazy thing is that they get a new cluster, and from the looks of it, was taken out of Dodge Dart (or one of the new FCA cars)

14 hours ago, Lancer Bass said:

Still sad that 2017 is last in the USDM but China is still getting a new one. The new interior looks good, but the new centre display is too busy for me. The crazy thing is that they get a new cluster, and from the looks of it, was taken out of Dodge Dart (or one of the new FCA cars)

too much chrome for me means more plasti-dip/wrap work..and you're right, the center looks too complicated.