ArcticWhiteWolf

Custom Shift Knob Manual Trans

6 posts in this topic

I recently got another shift knob for my lancer but unfortunately the shift boot is not level with the knob, do any of you guys know what i could do besides buying a new shift boot?

Hi Chris! Check my tutorial in my signature. That should help out :P

I recently got another shift knob for my lancer but unfortunately the shift boot is not level with the knob, do any of you guys know what i could do besides buying a new shift boot?

If you have a manual which from what i'm reading it sounds like it you can remove the rubber grommet to move it up more. Of course its not going to look as nice because the grommet held it in with shape. I just folded some of the leather/pleather and zip tied from the inside which was hard but it worked for me.

Just read the title :wallbash: lol

Hi Chris! Check my tutorial in my signature. That should help out :P

Hey man I appreciated the tutorial but I don't have a CVT, I have a manual transmission with a shift boot.

Thanks a lot for replying though

If you have a manual which from what i'm reading it sounds like it you can remove the rubber grommet to move it up more. Of course its not going to look as nice because the grommet held it in with shape. I just folded some of the leather/pleather and zip tied from the inside which was hard but it worked for me.

Just read the title :wallbash: lol

So just to make that I understood, are you talking about removing the boot and folding from the inside and adding a ziptie? If you could send me pics of what you did that would be awesome

So just to make that I understood, are you talking about removing the boot and folding from the inside and adding a ziptie? If you could send me pics of what you did that would be awesome

Yea so what you do is once you have the center loose so you can access the boot look from the inside and you'll see a rubber grommet I think fastens by a zip tie. I took it out and folded the leather and zip tied from the inside. Sure I can take pictures one day I'm free I have to rip everything apart to be able to show you.