TheDude

The Dude Is Stepping Down

27 posts in this topic

This pot has taken me a few days to work on. Honestly I wasn’t sure I can even go through with it. But I know that I need to do this.

Some of you know me very well, others just a tad bit. Some of you new members wont know me at all, but that’s ok. I’ve been on this forum for SEVEN years, and I have loved every second of my time on it. I remember first hearing about it when I was on LancerTuners. I know a lot of people already from there, so I was immediately right at home. Over time I worked on my car, and slowly my activity started shifting from LT to PL, and I was starting to become a regular. Then some of you might remember when my car exploded. That was a very depressing day for me, mainly because I could’ve easily died in other circumstances. I was very fortunate considering the ball of fire that ended up being my car. I was also lucky to even see my car end up on the ProjectLancer Calendar, posthumously.

Now most people would’ve given up on the site and the car. But I couldn’t. Some people even called me out for not having a lancer anymore. I developed a strong tie to this community, and even became pretty close friends with several of the members, both locally and across the states. I could not let this site go even if I wanted to. Shortly after, I became a Moderator for the forum. This is where the fun began. Not only was a part of a great community, but I was also helping influence it with my actions as a moderator. That and I was getting more experience with online coding and such. Now I had some clashes with several members, but I felt like I did a pretty good job with the site. Shortly after I became an Admin, and that’s where the fun began. I’ve had the most educational experience with admining the site, both on the coding side, as well as helping you guys out. I even opened up a Ventrilo server, though nobody really used it :/ . Ive done my best to provide and help this site as admin for the past three years. But for now, I think it is time for some new blood to step up and make this site the best they can. I will be stepping down as admin permanently, and probably going dark as far as participation on the forum (more so than before). My life has recently turned upside with a great deal of events that I am still trying to catch up on. I wanted to thank you all for having me as admin and putting up with my sometimes Nazi-ish rules or changes. Im glad this community has done nothing but grow since my joining it and I hope it continues to grow onto future models. I will always keep my account open, I will answer any PM’s you send me, but I will not be active as far as Moderator/Admin activities.

For admin activities please refer to Josh (KDMShark) and to your moderators for any help. That is what they are here for! In time, the Staff will sort out a replacement (if they need one).

I leave you all with a bit of teary eyed goodness:

TheonlythingthatcanmakeBatmancry-61647.g

dam that's crazy didn't think i would see this day come. definitely helped out alot. good vibes heading your way bro :clap:

:( Sad to see you go, but thanks for all of the help and service you provided to the community. It wouldn't have been the same without you! However good luck with whatever you do next!

You and I never talked one on one, so we don't know each other very well.

I know this may not mean a whole lot coming from me, but I think I can safely say for myself and most other members, that the site simply wont be the same without you. I was one of the few people who really found some of your comments truly hilarious. And I know for a fact that you helped this site tremendously.

Thank you for all your services on Project Lancer.

I do hope that you can get your arrangements in order.

Well damn man. Sorry to see that you are stepping down as an Admin on this site. It was a pleasure working with you, even though it was for only a short time. Hopefully you will try to be active here. Best of luck to you.

Holy crap Carlos. I don't think I saw this coming, I had to reread the title like 8 times before it finally hit me. Well I wish you the best man. It was great logging on this site and seeing you and so many other members talking on the shoutbox and having this place bumping. Obviously that has dramatically changed over time but those are some of my better memories on this site. Thanks for that dude.

I really honestly am unsure of what really to say about this. All that comes to mind is "You can't go!" lol. I can't believe this is happening. Not sure who truly is a good replacement for you, honestly no one is period. You simply can't be replaced and whoever if anyone is to have to fill your position they are stepping into some tough tracks to follow in. You really have such a vast knowledge of this site and the Rules for running it! I hope the issues in your life currently aren't too serious and can be resolved easily! I wish you all the best and good luck!!

As a member of the old guard along with you, this is pretty tough to hear. You and i became great friends because of PL and struck up a life long friendship over crazy Japanese stuff and Han Solo and Indiana Jones jokes. You were there for me in some dark times and vice versa. Trust me when i know where you are coming from since i had to step down as well and went dark. Its all about a legacy and you are leaving one hell of one behind you. Sad to see you go but i know i can just call or text to say whats up. You presence will be missed.

I hope the new guard that steps in will continue to make PL the best Lancer site on the web, and although i am not very active anymore because of life. This forum remains important to me and the life long friendships i have made.

Dude, sorry to see you go. Best of luck!

Carlos!!! Nooo! Just wanted to say thanks when I first started and didn't know how to upload lol. Good luck Dude! [emoji41]

Thanks for everything you've done. Hope you still stick round !

Thank you all for the kind words. I am eternally for your friendship and support (except you Fran, go to hell :P) This community is the best community i have ever been a part of. I truly mean that. I will not be permanently gone. I will pop in from time to time, especially to help out where i can. I just feel that being an Admin is taking away an amazing opportunity for you guys to learn and help shape this community, as i have been blessed with the ability to do. I am truly glad that my input into this site has helped out as many people as possible, because that was always my intention.

I've tried to write a response to this topic a few times in the past day or so but i just couldn't find the right words. We're going to miss you here on the staff and no one is going to be able to replace you. I appreciate and thank you for all your hard work throughout the years growing this forum and best of luck on your future endeavors. We'll be in touch bro.

who am i going to share the funnies with?

hope everything is going okay with whatever you're going through and that you don't completely cut yourself out of this community but rather stay in touch with us. hate to see you go and honestly i cant think of any other OGs on this site anymore. good luck and thanks for everything you've done for this community!

Thank you all for the kind words. I am eternally for your friendship and support (except you Fran, go to hell :P)

Hahahahaha all outta love brother. I really do miss those early mornings where I'd log in from school and see you, Ray, Drew, Carl, Chris, Megatron (forgot his real name), and the whole crew chatting it up on the shoutbox and posting up in people's progress threads and simply keeping this place going. You played a big role in shaping this community and building upon it. Even if your lacing em up now, your imprint on this site/community is here to stay.

Thank you for everything you have done on this site and helping me with any questions that I had in the past. It was great chatting with you from time to time in the shoutbox.

Hahahahaha all outta love brother. I really do miss those early mornings where I'd log in from school and see you, Ray, Drew, Carl, Chris, Megatron (forgot his real name), and the whole crew chatting it up on the shoutbox and posting up in people's progress threads and simply keeping this place going. You played a big role in shaping this community and building upon it. Even if your lacing em up now, your imprint on this site/community is here to stay.

His name would be Kenny...lols.

Wow....Slap in the face...

Thank for all the help that you gave a computer challenged person like me... and for the all the car stuff too! Even if I am isolated in my own little world north of your borders, PL has been (and still is) a second family to me.... And you are part of it and a model to this community.

Good luck in the future, hope to see you in PL again soon!

His name would be Kenny...lols.

Lol yes that is correct sir. I also forgot to mention you in that list also. Just so many peeps we had here.

Lol yes that is correct sir. I also forgot to mention you in that list also. Just so many peeps we had here.

Lol it's all good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry to see yougo dude. Hope things work out better for you.

Wow dude. This is heart breaking. Positive thing, but heart breaking for the community. You were one of THE first guys I started talking to. You were always there when I was a little uninformed on things. No one will replace you. :P Love you dude, as with everyone on here. PL is and always will be my favorite Lancer forum / community. You guys helped me get to where I am with my Ralliart today. Thank you to each and every one of you, especially you Carlos!! <3 Keep in touch!!!!!! PM me if you need my number again. :)

Wow, sad to see you go but I understand the hardships of life. Just because you aren't a admin doesn't mean you can't visit from time to time. I appreciate all the help I have recieved from you though sometimes I know I didn't exactly make things easy. Good luck on all your future endeavors and Godspeed.

what?! You leaving me Dude? NOOOO