melficersx

How To: Fogs As Drl/on Without Headlights

12 posts in this topic

since no one has posted this yet, i thought i would. the pictures are extremely self explanitory. if you want to have your fogs set as DRL rather than have them on a switch, use this method. works with stock fogs, not sure about aftermarket setups. this should take you like 5 minutes tops.

as a disclaimer i am not responsible if your car transforms and sets fire to your front lawn.

get an add-a-fuse, 15 fuse, barrel connector, 1-2" section of 12g wire, and a male spade connector.

put 15 fuse into top portion of add-a-fuse.

connect it all together, crimp, insulate with tape or something of your choice.

post-4627-0-26522900-1424543145_thumb.jp

remove the fuse relay, look on the fuse box map if you need help.

insert the newly made spade/fuse line into the left side of the plug but in the rightmost side.

post-4627-0-54121600-1424543147_thumb.jp
plug fuse part into an engine electronic port that turns on with key and turns off 5-10 seconds after engine is off.
post-4627-0-44494400-1424543149_thumb.jp

that looks pretty damn easy. best part is that you don't even need to cut any of your stock wirings. might give this a try.

Exactly my point, no cutting, no extra wiring harnesses, just a small micro fuse and some wire.

interesting.. havent seen it done this way yet

Picked up an add-a-fuse today, going to try this tonight. Hopefully my by-pass wiring for my low/high HIDs doesn't cause issues.

Picked up an add-a-fuse today, going to try this tonight. Hopefully my by-pass wiring for my low/high HIDs doesn't cause issues.

Let me know how it works and what fuses you plugged into.

Its not hard did it on my Lancer 3 years ago. Took the fuse jumper out and put it on my Ralliart. Mitsubishi changed the location of some of the fueses in later year cars so you may have to experiement with the locations to get the desired results

Its not hard did it on my Lancer 3 years ago. Took the fuse jumper out and put it on my Ralliart. Mitsubishi changed the location of some of the fueses in later year cars so you may have to experiement with the locations to get the desired results

Did you use a 15 fuse the car or was it a different one you bought?

I followed the exact steps provided by melficersx. Can't believe it was that easy! I've been wanting to do this ever since I lost my DRL's due to adding high/low HID's 2 yrs ago. Been running LED strips since then.

Thanks melficersx!

Ok I did this thing and I finally get what they do. LOL Now the problem is the fogs are always on. is there anyway to make the switch for fogs work without the headlights being on or make it a stand along switch without putting in another switch?

The fogs always being on is part of it being DRL. As far as having them on on-demand without headlights running, I'm pretty sure you you may have to run a whole new switch and wires.

Didn't work on my car darn it