EricGTS

All About Exhausts.

96 posts in this topic

Thinking of running a Tsudo Axle-back do they sound good? Is that a nice deep sound and not like a trumpet? I plan on painting the can and tip black with high temp rattle can.

I have a 2.4 Sportback 5spd. 

15 minutes ago, Megalodon said:

Thinking of running a Tsudo Axle-back do they sound good? Is that a nice deep sound and not like a trumpet? I plan on painting the can and tip black with high temp rattle can.

I have a 2.4 Sportback 5spd. 

They seem to get good reviews, be very careful spraying stainless steel parts that reach high temps though, the paint will flake off. Tried spraing the custom piping on mine with 250C paint - bad idea - it just came straight off. 600C paint stayed on longer but doesn't last long exposed to the elements below the car. Easier to get the old stainless polish out than keep spraying a can. 

Hey guys what are some good cat back exhaust ? I like the injen products but ive emailed them and they told me they dont make one that fits my car. 

I have a 2015 lancer Es 2.0. Manual. ..any suggestions? 

Just installed my Greddy Revolution RS exhaust and K&N Typhoon intake yesterday. Love it! Hopefully the weather is nice this weekend so I can wash my car down and get a video for you guys.

Photo%20May%2003%205%2026%2038%20PM_zpsh

Photo%20May%2004%201%2050%2053%20PM%201_

7PA1abR.jpg

This is what its meant by exhaust running down the center right?

Meaning I can use any 2.4L 08+ axleback?

Can someone give me some input, I could either get the Tsudo Catback or a Greddy Axleback for roughly the same price. Is the Tsudo not good or am i missing something?

On 5/12/2016 at 1:00 AM, Vlyariel said:

7PA1abR.jpg

This is what its meant by exhaust running down the center right?

Meaning I can use any 2.4L 08+ axleback?

That is down the center.

Not sure if anything else changed between for the '15's though

I own a 2014 Lancer SE. I was wondering which aftermarket exhaust would fit my car? I seem to not find any SE aftermarket exhausts. Thanks!

Edit: 2014 Lancer SE, automatic, AWC

You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on a name bran catback or axleback. Especially when it comes to our N/A cars. You can buy a muffler and take it to a shop and have it welded on like I did mine. I also had the resonator removed. Only cost me around $110 total and it sounds great.

1 hour ago, J_Smoove93 said:

You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on a name bran catback or axleback. Especially when it comes to our N/A cars. You can buy a muffler and take it to a shop and have it welded on like I did mine. I also had the resonator removed. Only cost me around $110 total and it sounds great.

What muffler exactly? And do you have a video

Go with the catback, currently i have no resonators and the axleback and its sounds good and is loud, but its not deep or throaty. I suggest  you get the full cat back because then you'll get more out of youre exhaust 

I am trying to get rid of my 2008-2011 Magnaflow Catback, but then no one wants to buy it due to the cost of shipping.

On 9/1/2016 at 6:16 PM, tofu27 said:

I am trying to get rid of my 2008-2011 Magnaflow Catback, but then no one wants to buy it due to the cost of shipping.

how much are you selling it for? 

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 7:31 PM, cjplatt64 said:

how much are you selling it for? 

Bought it for $550 so just looking to break-even.

I'm about to pull the trigger on an exhaust, but I'm having some trouble choosing. I've narrowed it down to two. Any recommendations from anyone with experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291257676450?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

http://www.shopgreddy.com/10138100.html?category_id=12

I'm not too concerned about performance, but it is a bonus. I'm more worried about the sound (decently loud, but still pretty low pitched)

13 hours ago, joemik1005 said:

I'm about to pull the trigger on an exhaust, but I'm having some trouble choosing. I've narrowed it down to two. Any recommendations from anyone with experience?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291257676450?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&fromMakeTrack=true

http://www.shopgreddy.com/10138100.html?category_id=12

I'm not too concerned about performance, but it is a bonus. I'm more worried about the sound (decently loud, but still pretty low pitched)

I have the Revolution RS from Greddy with a K&N Intake. No resonators deleted yet but sounds good. Its a tone right in between low and loud. Really its just finding that sweet spot on the gas pedal. Low RPM is a low pitch but once you gas it, it gets to a louder higher pitch.

12 hours ago, Barksie said:

I have the Revolution RS from Greddy with a K&N Intake. No resonators deleted yet but sounds good. Its a tone right in between low and loud. Really its just finding that sweet spot on the gas pedal. Low RPM is a low pitch but once you gas it, it gets to a louder higher pitch.

Alright cool, I appreciate the input man, thanks

I have a 2016 Lancer GTS and just got the GREDDY SUPREME SP axel back exhaust. Sounds mean. Low throaty tone.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Hello,

Any idea on the Injen SES 1838 fitting a 2017 Lancer ES FWD. Seen a video of it on a 2016 via Youtube, just wanted to make sure the pathing was the same. Thanks in advance for any responses. 

Sincerely,

Sepelio