DjBootleg

Headlight Blackout Need Help

7 posts in this topic

What's up.... So I successfully blackout my taillights with the spray stuff and looks great. But for the headlights I'm a bit afraid to use spray paint because of how deep the lights are. So I bought precut tint and that's even harder. I tried for an hour getting it right and used a heat gun. But the corner where the blinkers are where that hump is looked like shit. So I took it off 😕

Anyway I bought actual plastic clip on covers for my Mustang a long time ago but can't seem to find those anywhere for the Lancer. Any suggestions???

And I don't want to buy new lights. And I'm trying to avoid taking out the headlights....

Thanks!

you want to tint the whole headlight? I never done that but 1 of my buddies has a celica and he gave it like mean eyes. he taped the lower half and painted just the top half. he had the tape had it at an angle from the car hood. it looked pretty awesome to say the least. you can use plisti dip to try it out

Why don't you want to take the headlights out? It's super easy & will make your job so much easier. Also smoked them instead of painting them

Why don't you want to take the headlights out? It's super easy & will make your job so much easier. Also smoked them instead of painting them

Yeah never paint them. I forgot 2 mention that. My buddy is a professional tech. So in other means, if you can't get the tint 2 fit, then you have other options such as what my friend did but not with paint. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tinted my headlights with the VHT night shades spray tint, it looks great, I did 3 layers, but it got pretty dark. It's best to do 2 solid coats.

Why not just night shade it would be a lot easier. One or two light coats.

just buy the actual tint vinyl instead of pre cut so you don't have to worry about fitting it perfectly just fit it and cut the excess film off?