Lancerlot

My New Project Car

44 posts in this topic

Hey PL,

This is my second ever car, but the first one that I fell in love with. This car has literally changed my life.

Her name is Keira and I acquired her back in November of last year after previously owning a 06 tdi (hated it),

This is pretty much the only picture I have, but i'm going to post my progress on this thread. I would appreciate any feedback anyone has to say and i'll take everything into consideration.

Current mods frequently updated:

-Custom Header back exhaust
-Red calipers (+30 horsepower)

-Vortex Generator

-Debadged entire car

-Takeda SRI

-RA Mud flaps

-Alutec Lightweight Crank pulley

-Spec D LED Headlights

-Carbon Fiber Duckbill trunk

-LED Tail lights

-Touch screen head unit

Next, in this order, i'm getting a new bumper, most likely the Lancer C-1 Bumper and i'm plasti dipping the grille black with a red plasti dipped mitsu logo.

Then, I'm going to get some kind of air filter. I'm still debating if i want to go cai or sri, and what brand i want. Such a tough decision.

This summer is going to be when I get a lot of **** done, and i'll most likely be posting a lot more then.

Let me know what you guys think! Some of the Lancers i've seen on here are absolutely insane and I love the work you all do.

post-8491-0-12995400-1426044672_thumb.jp

I wanna see your led lamps and how much light they emit. As for sri or cai, should choose based on environmental conditions IMHO. Goodluck bro

Looking good my man! Wax it up

30 hp from red calipers sign me up

3/13/15

What I've done since my last post:

96f2wk.jpg

Installed Spec-D Headlights, I have yet to adjust them. I'll probably to that within the week.

I also plasti-dipped my grille and emblem black. I think it really complements the headlights

lookin clean man how is that exhaust low n throaty from what i've heard?

lookin clean man how is that exhaust low n throaty from what i've heard?

Yeah man it's super deep. It's not obnoxiously loud, either, especially at the idle. But once you step on it man you hear that thing growl

Nice my man!

Nice my man!

thanks!

I've done some work since my last post.

Just installed paddle shifters, super easy install, definitely recommend doing

Takeda Short Ram Intake

Re-did all of my panels. they were wrapped in carbon fiber (poorly) so i painted them red instead.

Mud flaps coming soon!! :thumbsup:

Also, i'm deciding whether I want to get a test pipe to replace my cat (leaving the resonator) and get a front strut bar, or if i want to save up and get a carbon fiber evo x hood. (go big or go home)

I did my inside panels red too, but used the peel coat rustoleum spray and it didn't come out anything like what I had hoped. I already started peeling it off to redo, what did you paint the panels with and do you have pics?!?

nah bro i used plasti dip! makes life so much easier haha

I broke my iphone a few weeks ago and havent been able to get a replacement so i don't reall have anything to take pictures with lol

I finally got a phone and I can take pictures now! Yay!

Here's a sneak peak of my car. I still have a few more things to add and then i'll reveal everything ;)

67pf06.jpg

Also this happened today :P

11392806_938055776216731_885469819923193

It's been a long time coming, what phone did you get? :P

I know, I really need to get back into things. I have so much that I want to do but not enough time or money, even though i'm working ~60 hours a week

And I got a hand me down iphone 4. Looking to upgrade again soon though

I know, I really need to get back into things. I have so much that I want to do but not enough time or money, even though i'm working ~60 hours a week

And I got a hand me down iphone 4. Looking to upgrade again soon though

Is the phone broke? Can you call, text, take pictures, go on the web?

If not, keep it and put that money on the car...lol PRIORITY!!!!

Haha it's fully functional as long as I have wi-fi :P I downloaded an app that i can use to text and call people. And that's exactly what i've been doing lol

Today was supposed to be install day... But I ran out of time to really do anything and it started to rain. Hopefully I can finish it tomorrow.

Here's a crappy pic of my interior :P

303ifzb.jpg

Have to take the harness out for your lights... Made sure I labeled them so i didn't forget lol

2lwaw4l.jpg

And it's off :D

jpeald.jpg

Made sure I put towels everywhere i could lol. Not taking any chances

Old vs new:

jfdnx2.jpg

rvw193.jpg

Looks like the previous owner not only stripped the threads entirely but also drilled them bigger for some reason... Upon realizing this I had to think of another way to put it on since the holes are bigger than the bracket

1znmnuo.jpg

I had to drill into my carbon fiber to be able to put clips with threads in :( Made me nervous as hell about messing up but I did okay :P

Turned out pretty good :D I'm in love with the new setup. Still not quite satisfied yet though

2jensc5.jpg

28b72bt.jpg

:D. Wish my camera didn't suck though

Quack quack :P

Changed my trans fluid today since it's been acting kinda weird... Takes a while to build up power at low rpms even when my foot is to the floor... Haven't really taken it out much but it feels a little better.

Old vs new :P

dr2rlg.jpg

Red calipers (+30 horsepower)...

How does this work? Did you install another caliper? Which brand?