stEEZE nikkAA

Would It Fit?

1,317 posts in this topic

I've been getting way too many PM's and email from several forums regarding stance about our cars. As many of you know I've ****d out several wheel setups before.

This thread is made specifically for asking fitment questions such as, "Will it fit?? (that's what she said) "Will I need to roll/pull my fenders?" And whatever else you have in mind. If you're planning on putting some weak wheels that are 18x8 +40, don't even bother asking. To make things easier, post your PLANNED wheels specs (diameter/width/offset) and your PLANNED tire specs, and a question.

I will occasionally post some how-to's such as fender pulling WITHOUT a fender roller and other things.

My fellow homies with frame bangers, please contribute. I'm talking to you, jrox ahahaha. If you know a thing or two about low offsets and wide wheels, chime in. I just want to get all these redundant questions grouped into one massive thread.

I will check this thread as often as I can so I can help you guys out.

BEGIN!

I want to help,

I wanna run 14x9 +0

lololololool jk

Shweet just getting my setup double, triple, and quadruple checked:

I plan on running these Falkens - http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/wheels/falken_wheels/product/submitProductSize.do?r=FLOINT|pc|32816&pc=50202

18x9 5-114.3 +20

And I know for tires Kamal suggested these - http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Continental&tireModel=ExtremeContact+DWS&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=335YR8ECDWS&tab=Sizes

I'm already lowered on Eibachs so I was just checking. I know you told me I would need my fenders rolled but being this size would I need to worry about having them pulled as well?

And about the tire fitment: Will the tires fit on correctly without me having to stretch the rubber?

Thanks in advance.

1. Continental tires are terrible when it comes to stretching. I advise you to stay away from it. Go with some Yokohama S-Drives which stay true to its size, or even some Kumhos. Falkens are amazing at stretch, but run more narrow than usual.

2. If I'm reading this correctly based off the tire link... you wanna use 235/35/18s? That's an awkward sizing.. for 18x9, I would suggest getting a 215/40 or a 225/40 if you want a more conservative stretch.

3. If you're only going to be on springs, I would suggest running a more narrow or higher offset wheel setup. Keep in mind, the lower you go, the more the wheels tend to naturally camber in. I.E, slamming the car on coilovers will make the setup you want sunken in the fender a bit (or even flush), as opposed to running springs with less than 2" of a drop and having them poke out half an inch WITH wheel gap.

4. Here's another tip for you guys in general. If you don't plan on lowering that much, there is no need to have stretched tires. Running 215/40's on a 9.5" wheel will look terrible if you have a 2 finger wheel gap. Run a squared setup such as 245/40's with a more conservative, let's say 18x8.5 wheel with a +35 offset.

5. Don't understand your last question. Tire stretching means that the sidewall of the tire is stretched out from normal specs to accommodate the extra width of the wheel. When they mount the tires, they inflate it for you, causing the tires to pop into its bead.

Well I wasn'y really looking to get slammed just yet. I wont be going on coils for a while so where it stands im lowered on sportlines (1.7 and 1.2). I think this is the height I may stay at. The Falkens come in two different offsets: 20 and 40. I was just looking for the best fit for booth wheel and tire that would provide the best look. Thanks in advance.

Sportlines are pretty low, so i think that SOME stretch would be nice. But its not completely necessary to go balls out.

Thanks for opening a thread like this Japh. I will sticky it for you. Just be sure to keep it up!

(She has never said that)

Carl listen to him, before I slammed, my car was on teins which is lower than sportlines and tbh, rolling wasn't needed because of the gap. As for stretch you can get a bit but I'd square up only because the poke is rediculous unless you tuck the tire, which you should do later on of you want.

Awesome thread-thanks for doing this. Heres what I plan on doing.

I planning on getting HSD coils but not going ridic low due to the roads here but low enough to look good.

Wheels are going to be XXR 521s for now....I was told to do 18x8.5 +35 w/Sailun 215/40 to get that small stretch and roll the fenders - is this gonna be a good set up, meaning will it look flush or poke just a bit to show its stance?

Now the route I wanted to go was the same wheels but in 18x10s +25 w/rolled & pulled fenders but what tires do you recommend? I dont want to stretch too much/poke a lot but just a little.

Thanks for the help and idea.

Well after speaking with Omar at Invision Autohouse I came to find out that not only was the pricing for the Falkens something I didnt want, but also that they weren't available in the best offset. So he helped me pick out a new set.

XXR 527 Flat Black 18x8.75 114.3 +35 for wheels

235/40/18 for tires. Not exactly sure what tires im getting yet.

What do you guys think of this setup?

I planning on getting HSD coils but not going ridic low due to the roads here but low enough to look good.

Wheels are going to be XXR 521s for now....I was told to do 18x8.5 +35 w/Sailun 215/40 to get that small stretch and roll the fenders - is this gonna be a good set up, meaning will it look flush or poke just a bit to show its stance?

Now the route I wanted to go was the same wheels but in 18x10s +25 w/rolled & pulled fenders but what tires do you recommend? I dont want to stretch too much/poke a lot but just a little.

521s, good choice. With 8.5 +35, you won't have much poke, you'll just be more flushed. 215/40 is a good size, the stretch will bring the tire in more with 40 and you'll be able to tuck. You'll have a good stance. As for the 18x10 +25 that's pretty redic lol you'll poke a lot. I mean my 18x9.75 +20 is already wide as balls, but you could run the same tire set up.

Well after speaking with Omar at Invision Autohouse I came to find out that not only was the pricing for the Falkens something I didnt want, but also that they weren't available in the best offset. So he helped me pick out a new set.

Good set up, it'll be flushed wont poke like mine much but it'll be good.

Sweet. I just gotta decide on the tires but money will determine that. Not to mention what color lug nuts I should get. BUT however this all depends on whether Danny can ship that RA bumper lol.

521s, good choice. With 8.5 +35, you won't have much poke, you'll just be more flushed. 215/40 is a good size, the stretch will bring the tire in more with 40 and you'll be able to tuck. You'll have a good stance. As for the 18x10 +25 that's pretty redic lol you'll poke a lot. I mean my 18x9.75 +20 is already wide as balls, but you could run the same tire set up.

Good set up, it'll be flushed wont poke like mine much but it'll be good.

Thanks man. haha yea the 10s would be nuts but I love the lip on them-so stick with the 8.5s basically what you're telling me. So if I went with the 8.5s, whats the diff/better if I went with the +35 or +25 offset? And I like stretching on tires but not too too much, but love that the wheel/tire stick out when you look at the car head on or from the back-if I went with the 8.5s, you think wheel spacers would give that look? I dont want it to look ridic but just a little more than flush.

I've got a set of Tenzo Cuzco 18x8 +45 with 225/45 ZR18 goodyear eagle GT tires. They aren't anything crazy but I wanna lower mine alittle this year and i was just wondering if i would need to roll the fenders or if id be alright?

I don't wanna go crazy low like you guys lol but i just wanna get the gap gone from the rims and the car.

First time lowering here so i just wanna see what you think.

I plan on either getting BC racing coilovers or Teins not sure yet.

Sweet. I just gotta decide on the tires but money will determine that. Not to mention what color lug nuts I should get. BUT however this all depends on whether Danny can ship that RA bumper lol.

That was me who replied to you -.-

Thanks man. haha yea the 10s would be nuts but I love the lip on them-so stick with the 8.5s basically what you're telling me. So if I went with the 8.5s, whats the diff/better if I went with the +35 or +25 offset? And I like stretching on tires but not too too much, but love that the wheel/tire stick out when you look at the car head on or from the back-if I went with the 8.5s, you think wheel spacers would give that look? I dont want it to look ridic but just a little more than flush.

Trust me, I loveeeee deep lips on rims, maybe sometime in the future lol. Anyways, 8.5 isn't super wide but I'd go with it and get spacers for your desired look. Don't spend money on rims with a bad offset and have it look retarded. Plus spacers don't cost that much. Spacers will give you that poke look from the front and rear and your car will sit flush. go 215/40 for the bit of stretch, if you go higher say 225/40 your tires would most likely square up.

Trust me, I loveeeee deep lips on rims, maybe sometime in the future lol. Anyways, 8.5 isn't super wide but I'd go with it and get spacers for your desired look. Don't spend money on rims with a bad offset and have it look retarded. Plus spacers don't cost that much. Spacers will give you that poke look from the front and rear and your car will sit flush. go 215/40 for the bit of stretch, if you go higher say 225/40 your tires would most likely square up.

+1 Alright appreciate all the help man!!!.....one last question if you were personally going to get the 521s what spec would you do?

+1 Alright appreciate all the help man!!!.....one last question if you were personally going to get the 521s what spec would you do?

18x10 like a boss ;)

18x10 like a boss ;)

thought so haha

Lol Danny just get me a yes or a no. No then these wheels and tires should be mine before the year is out. If its yes then ill be getting on my dual exhaust.

Lol Danny just get me a yes or a no. No then these wheels and tires should be mine before the year is out. If its yes then ill be getting on my dual exhaust.

Or buy my rear lip lol I got rearended so may not use it. Its still wrapped and in the original plastic and perfect condition.

Or buy my rear lip lol I got rearended so may not use it. Its still wrapped and in the original plastic and perfect condition.

Well if Danny can ship it to Jersey, then Ill do you a solid and buy your rear lip off you so you can grab the RA bumper. Seems like you need it more than me. Just remember you'll have to get it painted.

18x8.5 +35, 215/40 is a decently conservative setup with very minimal poke. I'd maybe even get some 225/40/18s to fill in the wheel gap a bit more. I had 18x8.5 +30 with 225/40/18s and they sufficed as far as fitment went. Keep in mind when you go smaller than stock 215/45/18 tire size, you are INCREASING wheel gap.

As far as the 18x10 +25 goes, that setup would be 4mm more SUNKEN IN than my MB Battles setup (which were 18x9.5 +15) due to the higher offset. Keep in mind just because they are wider, doesn't mean they are more aggressive. Offset really is everything ;)

18x8.75 114.3 +35- Pretty much the same as my 18x8.5 +30 setup, but 2mm more sunken in. Refer to the reply I made above this one. As far as tires go, that's pretty wide and you WILL rub with rolled fenders. Basically what you need to do is roll the fenders with a roller, and once you have the lip fully folded upwards, keep rolling the fenders to pull it out a couple mm's.

I've got a set of Tenzo Cuzco 18x8 +45 with 225/45 ZR18 goodyear eagle GT tires. They aren't anything crazy but I wanna lower mine alittle this year and i was just wondering if i would need to roll the fenders or if id be alright?

I don't wanna go crazy low like you guys lol but i just wanna get the gap gone from the rims and the car.

First time lowering here so i just wanna see what you think.

I plan on either getting BC racing coilovers or Teins not sure yet.

225/45 is a very beefy tire. You will fill up the wheel gap more but you will be higher off the ground. 18x8 +45 is a very weak sizing and will most likely not require a roll, especially since it's only a 225 size tire.

thinkin of keeping the car since i have 1 more yr to pay it off but doing something totally diff. So my question to you is what do u suggest for rims sizing for my car. I'm running 18x9 +30 w/ 225/40/18's, with BC Coils. I want a better stance. What do you suggest =]

18x8.5 +35, 215/40 is a decently conservative setup with very minimal poke. I'd maybe even get some 225/40/18s to fill in the wheel gap a bit more. I had 18x8.5 +30 with 225/40/18s and they sufficed as far as fitment went. Keep in mind when you go smaller than stock 215/45/18 tire size, you are INCREASING wheel gap.

As far as the 18x10 +25 goes, that setup would be 4mm more SUNKEN IN than my MB Battles setup (which were 18x9.5 +15) due to the higher offset. Keep in mind just because they are wider, doesn't mean they are more aggressive. Offset really is everything ;)

So what offset is better for the 8.5s and 10s?

thinkin of keeping the car since i have 1 more yr to pay it off but doing something totally diff. So my question to you is what do u suggest for rims sizing for my car. I'm running 18x9 +30 w/ 225/40/18's, with BC Coils. I want a better stance. What do you suggest =]

18x9.75 +20 + Negative Camber ;)

So which/what offset is better for the 8.5s?

The 8.5s I can get in +25, +30, +35, & +40 as for the 10s just +25.