DV_VTLancer

Dysfunctional Veteran Progress

84 posts in this topic

So i just bought my very first 2013 Lancer ES last week and will be doing mods very slowly due to funds so i figured id start a thread.

Today 3-20-15 i ordered the front air dams (fangs). They should arrive next week and after i install them i will plasti dip my front .

Eventually i will get new wheels and tires :)

post-8525-0-20238900-1426862511_thumb.jp

post-8525-0-91143400-1426862522_thumb.jp

Congrats on your Lancer!! RR Lancers FTW!!

Congrats on your Lancer!! RR Lancers FTW!!

Thank you!!!

Welcome!

I'm from Vermont too! We moved to Florida a few years ago but still come up once a year to see family, heard winter was really rough... I just signed up here too, will be starting a thread for my '11 ES I got about 6 months ago. I've done some cool things along the way for very cheap, and finally just got some rims, which is by far the biggest improvement! The red looks good, and it sounds like you will do some cool stuff!

I'm from Vermont too! We moved to Florida a few years ago but still come up once a year to see family, heard winter was really rough... I just signed up here too, will be starting a thread for my '11 ES I got about 6 months ago. I've done some cool things along the way for very cheap, and finally just got some rims, which is by far the biggest improvement! The red looks good, and it sounds like you will do some cool stuff!

Oh really?? Thats awesome. I grew up in Burlington and recently moved further south in central vt. Yeah getting new wheels will be huge for me because its gonna take a bit to save up for them haha.

post-8525-0-27454500-1427229478_thumb.jppost-8525-0-72912600-1427229495_thumb.jp

Just received my front "fangs" which is my first mod :).

Also ordered wheels today- ICW RACING BANSHEE 17x7.5 :)))

Do i have to take off my front bumper to install the front air dam?? I was reading through the instructions but i thought i read somewhere online that you could install them without taking off the bumper. Hope everyone is well and appears the warm weather is slowly creeping in here in new england.

attachicon.gifimage1.JPGattachicon.gifimage2.JPG

Just received my front "fangs" which is my first mod :).

Also ordered wheels today- ICW RACING BANSHEE 17x7.5 :)))

The separated lip (fangs) look pretty cool, not sure myself on how to install them, but I may look into them too now. Love those wheels, they are gonna look real good! Whatever you do don't get "Triangle" tires. I bought my rims on craigslist and they came with these, some of the loudest cheap tires I've ever had, and I've had some cheapies for sure lol...

The separated lip (fangs) look pretty cool, not sure myself on how to install them, but I may look into them too now. Love those wheels, they are gonna look real good! Whatever you do don't get "Triangle" tires. I bought my rims on craigslist and they came with these, some of the loudest cheap tires I've ever had, and I've had some cheapies for sure lol...

I bought Nankang NS-20 225/50-17 for tires with the wheels as a package.

Bringing my car to the shop Friday to have the front air dam put on so i don't mess them up ha.

post-8525-0-65881700-1427467924_thumb.jp

First mod!!! Front air dam "fangs" installed this morning.

Nice

Thanks! Pictures are a little distorted... Eventually i'll get my DSLR out and do a shoot.

Nice dude. Did you buy the air dams from your dealer?

b8cd7dc1071a912a47917982e1312bc1.jpg79e023fa3ff690de0eab8786927dc624.jpg

Plasti dipped my front end today. I wish I had a razor blade. You can't see the f ups from a distance but go close and it is ate up in some areas..... :/ let me know whatcha think everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks good man! can't wait to see the rims installed.

looks good man! can't wait to see the rims installed.

Thanks! me too

db1f7bd3add80d899a8fea2d3709941b.jpg

Look what just arrived two days early :))) they will be put on Saturday morning though. Cannot wait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk