Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RuCAS

Hid Kit Problems With Drl...please Help.

6 posts in this topic

Hey can anybody please help me?

I bought the Morimoto H7 Elite HID set from TRS:
(2) XB35 Ballasts
(2) XB AMP Igniters
(2) H7 XB 5500K Bulbs
(1) HD Relay Harness
(1) Anti-Flicker Capacitor Link
http://www.theretrofitsource.com/hid...l#.VRLLlfzF_oY

Reason I have H7 lights is because I have Spyder Projector Headlights:
http://www.spyderauto.com/product.ph...RL-BK&t=spyder

After installing the Morimoto kit, HID lights work perfect when the car is off. But as soon as I turn on the car and the DRL's are active, the relay starts buzzing. It stops buzzing if I turn the light switch fully on, but the HID's don't turn on.

I figured maybe the Capacitor (that I bought extra with the kit) was not doing its job or maybe faulty. So I purchased jRox's harness hoping this should eliminate any DRL issues. I just installed it exactly to the instructions, and it is doing the exact same. HID's work perfect when the engine is off, but when the car is turned on and the light switch is in either posistion 0 or 1 the relay buzzes.

Any suggestions? Any ideas why this might be happening? I drive a 2013 Lancer GT AWC.

You should hit trs they do have an amazing customer service, give them a phone call, they can guide you step by step and if something wrong in their end they will send you a replacement with same day shipping

Try running the jrox harnss with out the capacitor. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I know that kit has a drl cancellor on it

Ya I've been in talks with TRS with no solution from them. I removed their HD relay harness and capacitor.

I went ahead and ordered jrox's harness. Installed it by itself, and was still having the same problem as the TRS equipment.

Got home from work and I tried flipping over my OEM headlight connector only....and BAM!...all works perfect now.

Problem ended up being the guy who just installed the 9006 adapter from my H7 did it backwards :thumbdown:

I know our OEM connector is 9006, but I had my headlights put in years ago and had to be changed to H7 then...so once getting the HID kit recently had to put it back to 9006.

Should have just done it myself from the start!

Thanks guys...problems solved. And a big thanks to JROX, his harness works perfect!

I was going to suggest a ground not being fully connected, but glad you got the problem solved.

I thought after 2011 lancers didn't have drl. Unless you got the touring package. Which means you wouldn't need the anti-flicker harness, which may be the reason its giving you issues.