DjBootleg

Led Underbody Wire Damaged

4 posts in this topic

What's up guys...

So I recently installed LED underbody lights and love them.. However one of the LED wires was too close to the exhaust pipe and cooked it.. Now I know I can buy just the wire and then bond them together but I'd really rather now wait a week or so to get them online... So is there other way to repair the wire? Like if I buy some short of wiring at an auto parts store? There are a total four little wires in one..

thanks guys

post-8426-0-96066400-1428375749_thumb.jp

Cut the ends off up to where the damage stops, solder both ends back into butt connectors and then run another wire through the middle connecting them all. use heat shrink wrap.

i don't know what wires you are already running though. you would have to figure that out yourself and make sure the current can still flow as it did without resistance. can't just throw any wires on there.

Unless yours are RGB there are 4 wires, however 2 of them actually carry the same polarity. For example. Mine have a black, a yellow, a green and a red wire. I think the red and black have negative, while the green and yellow have positive.

What this means is that if you're good with soldering iron you can solder new wire to it like that and keep on trucking