simonmarkis

Help, Noob In Exhaust Area!

17 posts in this topic

Hey guys, so I just got myself 2008 Lancer GTS and I feel like getting a different exhaust this summer. But there is sooooo much different stuff on the internet. So my b question is: should I just get like a greddy or tsudo axleback or do I need a full on new exhaust system?

Welcome to PL! Many of topics already on exhausts but no you do not need a full new exhaust system. It all depends on your goals, your budget etc...

My goal is a better sound and maybe a bit more power.

My goal is a better sound and maybe a bit more power.

If your main goal is just a better sound then an axel-back will be just fine, it won't give you really any gains in power but maybe something noticeable at acceleration. GReddy RS would be my suggestion or save up and go for a cat-back

If your main goal is just a better sound then an axel-back will be just fine, it won't give you really any gains in power but maybe something noticeable at acceleration. GReddy RS would be my suggestion or save up and go for a cat-back

Could you maybe shoot me a link for a good cat-back? If it's worth it I might get it, but if not I'll go with GReddy then. On a side note, why RS and not SP Elite?

On a side note, why RS and not SP Elite?

Deeper tone.

Check out vids on YouTube of both, to give you an idea of how they sound

On a side note, why RS and not SP Elite?

^^^ What TiC said.

Only reason i went with the SP Elite was because GReddy has a huge sale on them right now $195... so $200 off.

^^^ What TiC said.

Only reason i went with the SP Elite was because GReddy has a huge sale on them right now $195... so $200 off.

What? Lucky you, the only GReedy I can find is on their website and it's $395.

Oh wait that's for GT. Will it fit GTS?

Nevermind, just did some research, it won't

Tsudo-N1, axle back bolt on beauty, also it's 200 and there are plenty of you tube videos so you can hear the sound. I wanted a GReedy as well, but for nearly 200 bucks cheaper and speedy free shipping, it was a no contest for me. Good luck on your choice!

I also have the Tsudo-N1 axleback, then did a custom midpipe with a resonator delete and its great. It has a deep tone and is decently loud but not over the top. It would sound a lot better with headers, downpipe, high flow cat, or just a test pipe.

The thing about axle backs is they don't increase horsepower by any more than 1-2 whp.

What you should do is buy a universal muffler. I got my universal Greddy RS for $140 (regular cost) and had it welded on for $125. I saved myself almost $150. :D

Tsudo does sound very nice, are you happy with it?

Tsudo does sound very nice, are you happy with it?

Yes Im very happy, it has a deep sound to it that I like a lot. I also love how it pops and crackles whenever I downshift :P Im sure it would sound meaner with a hi flow cat and headers also

Ill try to post a sound clip of it

I have the tsudo for the cvt and I agree it's got a nice deep tone. Not ricy at all.