Parrallex

Help! With Car Horn/alarm System

4 posts in this topic

I'll start from the beginning so that everyone understands...I bought my car used with the horn not working. I didnt figured that out till a few days after buying it. by not working i mean when i press the steering wheel it does not honk, when i lock or unlock it does not honk , when i press the panic button it does not honk.

Someone checked the horn by plugging some device up to it and the horn blew there fore determinig the horn isn't "bad". after looking around the fuse box I noticed the 10a fuse was in the wrong spot. When its placed in the right spot the horn never shuts off (probably why it was in the wrong palce)...I had the horn checked by another person who said all my wiring seems to be fine no shortages etc. But that the problem is probably within my steering wheel airbag and its needs to be replaced. after some time I decided to take it to the dealership in hopes the "experts" can figure it out. After having my car for about 6-7 hours they called and said my airbag needs to be replaced so with that second confirmation i ordered a used airbag module (dealership airbag was $1250) and replaced the old one. Horn still doesnt work in any fashion. however i noticed they must have put a new fuse in the horn spot and apparently it doesnt blow off anymore.

So now im at a loss..ive read that it could be the clockspring but idk anymore...should i just get a new alarm system and replace the old horn? a friend of mines horn doesnt work at the wheel but honks and works fine with locking and his alarm system honks.

This has been my issue for about 6 months now until someone broke in my car stole stuff probably after noticing the horn doesnt work -__-...HELP???

I'll start from the beginning so that everyone understands...I bought my car used with the horn not working. I didnt figured that out till a few days after buying it. by not working i mean when i press the steering wheel it does not honk, when i lock or unlock it does not honk , when i press the panic button it does not honk.

Someone checked the horn by plugging some device up to it and the horn blew there fore determinig the horn isn't "bad". after looking around the fuse box I noticed the 10a fuse was in the wrong spot. When its placed in the right spot the horn never shuts off (probably why it was in the wrong palce)...I had the horn checked by another person who said all my wiring seems to be fine no shortages etc. But that the problem is probably within my steering wheel airbag and its needs to be replaced. after some time I decided to take it to the dealership in hopes the "experts" can figure it out. After having my car for about 6-7 hours they called and said my airbag needs to be replaced so with that second confirmation i ordered a used airbag module (dealership airbag was $1250) and replaced the old one. Horn still doesnt work in any fashion. however i noticed they must have put a new fuse in the horn spot and apparently it doesnt blow off anymore.

So now im at a loss..ive read that it could be the clockspring but idk anymore...should i just get a new alarm system and replace the old horn? a friend of mines horn doesnt work at the wheel but honks and works fine with locking and his alarm system honks.

This has been my issue for about 6 months now until someone broke in my car stole stuff probably after noticing the horn doesnt work -__-...HELP???

I think that's supper weird man would just get an aftermarket alarm b/c they're better anyways. They have different sensors that you can add and do the basic door triggers too. Now if it is the clock spring I have a turn signal set that Im trying to sell for 60 but you dont have 50 post to access it yet... you could always pm me I guess. let me know. I recommend viper for the alarm btw I think they are one of the better companies to go with. I install a lot of them.

I think that's supper weird man would just get an aftermarket alarm b/c they're better anyways. They have different sensors that you can add and do the basic door triggers too. Now if it is the clock spring I have a turn signal set that Im trying to sell for 60 but you dont have 50 post to access it yet... you could always pm me I guess. let me know. I recommend viper for the alarm btw I think they are one of the better companies to go with. I install a lot of them.

Id rather just get a viper alarm system anyway too...but my horn wont work anyway im not sure if its worth it...as for it being the clockspring..ive read some persuasive info that leads me to believe that could be it...but at this point im sure if i want to be running around spending hundreds of dollars for maybes...but i'll let you know if i go the clockspring route.

Well the viper alarm is worth it if you had a theft already take place b/c there is a siren witch will alert you if anything. That won't solve the horn issue your having tho but at least your car won't be defenseless. Alright man I actually never got to try it. I was going the oem route for fogs and then I got hit and it totaled my car. Let me know if anything. Good luck let us know how it turns out.