Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheOtherLancer

Definition Files

13 posts in this topic

Even though I have a de 2.0 liter can i use definition files from another na lancer? Thanks

Yes

But you will need the same rom

If you have the same ROMID then yes you can use the XML, only caution make sure the person doing the XML knows what they are doing one bad or corrupt string of data can render the ECU useless. There are a lot of talented people in this community that can help out but just be carefull.

Amazing Jackpot !!!

If you have the same ROMID then yes you can use the XML, only caution make sure the person doing the XML knows what they are doing one bad or corrupt string of data can render the ECU useless. There are a lot of talented people in this community that can help out but just be carefull.

You can use the xml even if you don't have the same rom ID. You just have to change the rom ID in the xml with your's. Even if the xml doesn't have the same rom ID, the tables in the rom can be the same as your rom. You have to try different xml's to find the right one for your rom. But as WolverineOttawa says, you have to be careful with that. You have to be sure that all the tables are good with the xml. If one table is not right, you will brick your ecu. Make a copy of your stock rom and keep it in a safe place. If you brick your ecu, you can bench flash your stock rom and you're good to go.

Bench flash........hehehehe..... ;)

Once you get your romid, I'm sure things will be easier. Do we have a doc up on that yet?

The rom ID is located ar address 5002a in the rom. You can find it with a hex editor.

You can use the xml even if you don't have the same rom ID

Going to halt the process right there. Siding with caution i will say no. Some maps and tables/scalers may be ok but not all.

The rom ID is located ar address 5002a in the rom. You can find it with a hex editor.

Depends on the ECU AUD and EUR may not be the same as the USDM again be carefull.

Make a copy of your stock rom and keep it in a safe place.

Best advice ever!

If you brick your ecu, you can bench flash your stock rom and you're good to go.

You can also just re-write the file if that does not work then use the bench flash method.

Any same sized ROM/File will and can be flashed to ANY ECU (2008+) that is the danger. You have to match the ROMID perfectly and the person creating the XML/Definition had better know their stuff as stated one bad string of code and you have a nice paper weight. ALL XML structure is the same you just need the specific addresses of the MAPS and scalers, finding those with accuracy is the trick.

Not to brag or be arrogant (that is really not my style ask T-Flash) but I have a waiting list for tuning some are seeing that working with a group of people that now and will back up what they are doing is worth paying a bit. This guarantees the results.

Because I'm just trying to find a way to tune my car lol and it's not working well.