jerome.ragudo

Service Required Light

18 posts in this topic

I got my oil change on Saturday changed rims on sunday and when I got home the light came on and its tripping me out and annoying the crap out of me because I hate seeing it. I searched for any posts about this but nothing I seen here.

Ps maybe he forgot to reset it after the oil change?

Thanx in advance

Does it say TPMS service required or routine maintenance required or...?

Also, any lights in addition to the message? Are they flashing or on solid? Need a little more info.

I turn on my car it says "Service Required" the little symbol comes on blinds like 20 times then stays solid. Thats about it.

He forgot to reset the light then.

Press info until you come across the screen that for you probably says "---- miles ------ months" hold info until it blinks and it shoudl reset

No that's most likely TPMS service required. You have a bad sensor. Ironic that it didn't happen til after the new rims. Take it to the shop that installed wheels and tell them of your issue.

With my wheels i couldnt use my tpms sensors. So that light is on all the time. Just somthing i have to live with unless i want to drop 200 on new sensors

If that was the case the TPMS light would come on. If it is, then yes, bad sensor. If it says "service engine soon" or "service required" that's probably an oil light.

The fact that he said the symbol blinks is what tells me it's TPMS. A flashing TPMS light will be accompanied by a service required message.

The fact that he said the symbol blinks is what tells me it's TPMS. A flashing TPMS light will be accompanied by a service required message.

^ agreed. Just switched over to my summer rims which do not have sensors. After about 10 minutes of driving got a flashing yellow light and a "Service Required" alert. Either your new rims do not have sensors or they were not synced with the car when you had them installed.

IMG_0203.jpg

How do I get rid of the message? My newphew is the one who installed them he works at a rim and tire shop and told me theres tpms sensors in it. Damn I might have to go back to have them synced or live with it...

Dealers can sync them. Haven't had it done, but from what I've heard some charge a few bucks to sync them and some don't

Also possible he messed up the sensor too. If you take the valve core out of the stem you can bog a sensor out... you're supposed to use a bleeder but nobody does

Most people that I've worked with use bleeders. I know I do too.

Also most dealers charge 1 hour or about $120 to program sensors.

Tire shops have the capability to program sensors as well. Some.

Very few have the capability to program mitsu sensors. But yes there are some out there.

Okay so after speaking to a few people who drive lancers had this same problem. They either lived with the light (which is what im currently doing lol) or get new sensors for the rims.

Thanx for the help!

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

I have a 2010 Lancer GTS. Places like Firestone can not reset the sensors, even with the adapter for the cpu! It forces you to goto the dealership and pay $120 to have the sensors reset. All 4 of my stems cracked, I had to have them replaced and after calling Mitsubishi, they said the tire stems failing is a known problem on these cars. I just live with the light...annoying but fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As long as you have the old sensor and it's functioning, you can swap the data at most tire shops. if the stem is just bad then you can just get a rebuild kit. easy as that