Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MrMiller

Car Crash And Performance

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Does anyone have any experience about Lancers with crash history? How would the crash affect the future performance upgrade?

Let's say a lancer was hit on the right corner of the front bumper while turning left (the other car came from the right hand side). The crash repair guys had to fix shape of the structure of the front end.

The questions are:

* Can the engine be potentially damaged somehow/more or the less?

* Will such a crash affect the future performance upgrade? Let's say we are looking at the basic intake and exhaust upgrade, but not too much racing stuff.

* How can one get an inspection to see everything's going well?

* How can the upgrade be done if a potential damage exists but not known... ?

Thanks. :thumbsup:

I'd say that there are a lot of variables that go into a car crash. I would also say that a lot of this is more or less common sense. It all depends on the severity of the crash, whether it was a basic minor fender bender or a major total.

honestly it's not something you can predict. it depends on speed, vehicle weight, what the other vehicle is, the exact angle, etc. i would look into the safety tests of the lancer. while losing a car can suck, your safety should be priority, not what you can do to the car after.