Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sangeof

Evolution X Intake Manifold Needs Different Fuel Rail?

6 posts in this topic

Hello forum members. I was wondering if when upgrading to an evo x intake manifold, I can use my oem 08 GTS fuel rail. One of my friends is claiming that I would need a different fuel rail to for it to work. Can anyone confirm or disprove this?

Just having no knowledge but by sheer looking at it, it looks like we have direct port injection. Pretty sure we don't, but it looks that way just because the injectors aren't mounted to the intake manifold.

Again I dont know 100% or hell even 50%, but id say we wouldn't need it. Although yoy may have to plug up some extra holes if you stay n/a

You absolutely do. The fuel rail mounting bolt locations are different. You can do a bit of custom work to make the NA fuel rail fit though. But using the Evo X fuel rail you will also need to set up a fuel return system.

You absolutely do. The fuel rail mounting bolt locations are different. You can do a bit of custom work to make the NA fuel rail fit though. But using the Evo X fuel rail you will also need to set up a fuel return system.

Yeah, fuel return is not required if you stay NA but a plus for boosting (but not a must..)

Here's how I did it..lol A little "harsh" but works...

homemade brakets to fit NA fuel rail on the evo x intake manifold. They need to be shimed. I placed the fuel rail in then made the brackets loose so that they would "self adjust" then tightened the bolts carefully...

IMG_2397_zps4a9cbgtz.jpg

IMG_2394_zpsabnscx3m.jpg

And you will have to "relocate" the oil dipstick..

Thanks for the replies. So should I aim to use an evo/ralliart fuel rail or my stock lancer fuel rail? The less work the better.

Thanks for the replies. So should I aim to use an evo/ralliart fuel rail or my stock lancer fuel rail? The less work the better.

They both need some work.

NA fuel rail= to make brakets...

EVO x fuel rail, if you are NA, need to put a return fuel line or remove the pressure regulator...which I dont know if you can, and put NA fuel injectors in (or tune appropriately)...

Your choice...