Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Default User

Project: Default

21 posts in this topic

Been lurking around for a little while now - and realized I haven't done my own Ride Thread

Originally, this was my wife's car. So obviously she wanted "just" a car to get her from Point A to Point B. She was looking at a base automatic Civic or Corolla. But Divine intervention convinced her to get a Lancer so I can at least dress it up a bit.

But since purchasing the Lancer in 2010, the wife has decided she prefer driving my GMC Terrain. So now I'm stuck driving a 2.0L CVT Lancer. Slow and stock as fcuk, I had to transform it to some respectable levels.

So far I've gone and added a few odds and ends

- tinted 20% all around

- extended convex rear view mirror

- Convex side mirrors inserts

- Lamin-X foglight overlay

- NOKYA 3K Hyper Yellow fog bulbs

- NOKYA 3K Hyper Yellow Hi-beams

- NOKYA 7K Hyper white headlights

- Amber Side markers

- Painted calipers with custom decals

- OEM EvoX side mount plate holder

- blacked out front nose grill accent

- Takeda SRI

- Exhaust resonator delete

- GT custom titanium exhaust tip

- Tein S-Techs

- 18.7.5 matte bronze rims

- red anodized Muteki lugs

- dedicated winter rims

I had 8K HID's installed for about a year, but always felt guilty blinding on-coming traffic - so decided to just go with regular halogen bulbs.

Still a few more plans to get her up to par with my old tuner cars. Looking at the lip kit of some sort, and gonna have to get the GTS paddle shifters done. Hopefully a pulley and some 4-2-1 headers, maybe a sprint booster - something to push that 2.slow down the road a bit faster

A few ol Pics for clicks - will update as I go. Haven't taken any pics since I lowered it cause weathers been shitty or I've been too lazy

Meet "Letty"

2010 Lancer SE 2.0L CVT

d0fbfe2df0c84366bd486e439198c32c.jpg

82a8b166d0f927e8abbe967250ff0547.jpg

811ad5a48f6b7745fe473837fc688f7e.jpg

8466fd9d0bb746ba9a84d6965fb7df3c.jpg

Comments, suggestions, ideas ?

Let me know what you guys think so far.

Thanks

Nice Bro... Welcome to PL

Nice. I like your calipers

Damn bro alot of great work.

love the ride

especially your calipers

Thanks guys.

Nothing close to the level of cars on here - but hopefully soon...

Wife, kids, mortgage.... Slows down the progress

Probably gonna get the front lip soon - and then start the audio build.

Pics of the other ride - The family hauler

2012 GMC Terrain SLE2

79e82ee877955d36738dd096d89a223d.jpg

68db07df8b081eddbdcb92c20c743a9d.jpg

Nothing special...

Drop down DVD player

WeatherTechs

Side step bars

Black Vinyl overlay on the rear chrome

K&N drop in filter

LED Plate lights

And dead LED interior lites -_-

Apparently - I can't keep anything stock

Welcome! Looking great!

Question for anybody reading this...

... Are the front emblems dipped, vinyled, or replacement pieces?

Question for anybody reading this...

... Are the front emblems dipped, vinyled, or replacement pieces?

You could go any of those routes, if understand what you are asking. Dip is great for colors and temporary nature, vinyl looks sharp if done well (best option IMO), and you can find light up emblems and such that are their own parts. What are you thinking?

Thanks for the reply, MINE

I just want it red LOL

I've seen some neo-chrome badges before and I know they swapped out the old chrome for it. But I've never come across a "red" DSM logo for sale at any tuner shop.

I'll prolly go vinyl but I want it clean.

Do some practice cutting on some scraps first. the emblem shouldnt be too hard though, or find someone to do it cheap. small part like that shouldnt be expensive

I saw a terrain today that someone ripped the bumper off, lifted it and went muddng with it. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the aftermath of a car crash of the most badass terrain I have ever seen. :P

I saw a terrain today that someone ripped the bumper off, lifted it and went muddng with it. I wasn't sure if I was looking at the aftermath of a car crash of the most badass terrain I have ever seen. :P

Is this in Florida?

I've heard people with custom mods do this - but there's literally nothing aftermarket other than a K&N SRI and a Magnaflow CBE. The Terrain has been out for almost 5-6 years and even Eibach hasn't made a lowering spring yet. I mean FFS - I can lower an Odyssey or Sienna mini-van, but a mini-trucking Terrain is out of the question LOL

Is this in Florida?

I've heard people with custom mods do this - but there's literally nothing aftermarket other than a K&N SRI and a Magnaflow CBE. The Terrain has been out for almost 5-6 years and even Eibach hasn't made a lowering spring yet. I mean FFS - I can lower an Odyssey or Sienna mini-van, but a mini-trucking Terrain is out of the question LOL

Really? I'm surprised, I would have thought the Terrain would have better aftermarket support. Being a GM vehicle are there any cross-model or cross-brand options that would be compatible?

That's what I thought too. I'm a tuner at heart - so automatically I thought there'll be a shitload of options. But unfortunately, it's either custom or universal parts.

The Chevy Equinox is in the same platform.

Is this in Florida?

No this was in Connecticut. Oddly enough it was parked at a CVS. I hope noone got hurt in their adventure. THey even had the spare mounted in the roof rack.

Had a big breakfast today and spoiled my appetite for lunch - so figured I might as well go to the coin op during my lunch break

df8b6e67e34278e5a994ec1decf4f51a.jpg

I thought you had brembo brakes on your lancer for a second there haha. Is it just me or does the hood vibrate and making an annoying noise when you're parked and the engine is idling?

No vibrations that I notice.

I get the been I brake thing all the time LOL