Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WilliamG

New Member From Pensacola,fl

10 posts in this topic

Hey my name is William and I'm stationed here in Pensacola, FL. Working in the U.S. Navy. I bought myself a used 2011 lancer CVT Es ( I regret not getting a manual now ) and I'm on these forums to get advice and share the progress that will be made within the next months/years. My plan is to pay off the 10 grand loan in 4 years while putting money into it to make it as good or better than a stock EVO. I'm not too mechanically sound so suggestions are welcome and I would love them. Here's a list of what I want/have already.

Project BEVO (Baby EVO)

[x] 16' Drag DR34 wheel set ($555.78)

[ ] TEIN lowering springs to bring it down about two inches

[ ] Blue LED fog lights ( good brands? )

[ ] Stock wing from an EVO or Es

[ ] K&N typhoon intake

[ ] A good exhaust system to work with the intake (recommendations please)

If anyone has some advice to give me please shoot it right at me.

Welcome to PL dude!

If you want a baby evo, you will have to boost, and believe me its complicated...

If you plan to boost,dont buy intake and exhaust, youll have to swap them anyway after. My suggestion, if you dont have 3500 to 4000$ (minimum) to throw in a turbo (used ralliart or evo x turbo setup), you can still have alot of fun with a NA car.

-intake

-EVO X (or ralliart) Camshafts

-full 2.5 exhaust

-2.5" exhaust manifold

-cvt GTS sportshift swap... but your 2011 so its more complicated, wires are NOT all there

-upgrade CVT oil

GET IT TUNED!!!

Get some pics in here Bro!

3deb43a4ae7c0974048d1527dbcb5011.jpgfd913f7f1a91d2591658d2106c6ccb3a.jpg

Eventually I will buy a turbo but for now I'm going to put money into it and stay NA. I will get better pictures later today and yes the car is a bunch of fun already compared to the 97' 4.0L ford ranger splash I had.

Welcome! Good look on the wheels

953fa4f3454f54a95ca0a9da6e9b0698.jpg57b8dced7b2fa67daf864c6bbae81569.jpg6519b9c8f8193a18b344d01a9ee8246d.jpg73b9c87f117bddd6f2cb98fced6ebf03.jpg My lancer parked next to my friends Suby and the dent I'm going to have to repair (bought the lancer with the dent)

welcome to project lancer

Looks like I'm going to have to cancel the on the wheels because of registration for the car and insurance charging me more for a different plan

Welcome to PL!