LiTo

Trunk Lift Supporter?

16 posts in this topic

First, i wasn't sure between suspension and exterior, i end up with interior.

Anyways, im looking for this item that lift supports the trunk up. I measured it, it goes around 297mm but can't find it on ebay or amazon.

please link me, i need this to replace my OEM which are damaged. if possible, stronger than originals (360N). only one i found is 260N, same measure but works supposedly for a Chrysler 300. (same size, must fit, but i don't know.)

please let me know if any of you have changed this, because if i ask mitsubishi store it will rip my money off.

thanks in advance.

Does your trunk have the big evo wing? If so, you would want to get the one that is meant for it. Part number is 5925A025. I changed to evo wing and my trunk barely opens...took me a really long time to hunt for the correct part number coz no one talks about it

I changed to evo wing and my trunk barely opens...took me a really long time to hunt for the correct part number coz no one talks about it

Good to know!

Never would've thought about that

anyone found some part already. got an evo wing on my lancer and it's a pain to get it open now

Does your trunk have the big evo wing? If so, you would want to get the one that is meant for it. Part number is 5925A025. I changed to evo wing and my trunk barely opens...took me a really long time to hunt for the correct part number coz no one talks about it

Thanks for the part number. I haven't found the evo X wing to be a big deal, just gotta push up on it to open the trunk once unlocked...no biggie really.

Does your trunck lids open all the way up once the button is pressed. Mine pops the lid but then I have to manually lift it open is that correct?

Does your trunck lids open all the way up once the button is pressed. Mine pops the lid but then I have to manually lift it open is that correct?

I have no wing and my trunk only cracks a bit, then I lift if fully open

I have no wing and my trunk only cracks a bit, then I lift if fully open

Same here thats ok I woundered if everyone else's boot popped and lifted to the open position.

I'm working towards creating this. but havent got the right springs yet

Now if that works with an Evo X wing installed, i'd be impressed.

Mine also only pops out then has to be lifted

Late to the party, most my input has already been said but for anyone who has the Evo X SSS Tall wing, the struts are indeed different.

The biggest difference is you can have your trunk stay open at a 45 degree angle and it opens much nicer.

Additionally for anyone who doesn't open the trunk, they tend to use their nails more because the trunk lid doesn't move at all.  I'll drop a photo later.

If you buy a X wing off someone, trade for their struts.

Additionally I'm sure anyone wingless or low GTS wing will have their trunk open easier with the tall spoiler struts

Hate to bump my own post. Guess you can't edit? Basically since 90% of people who get X wings, don't change their struts.  The easiest way to compare is to just find another Evo X at the dealership or a friend and just open their trunk.  It's worth it IMHO, but I had it accidentally fall on a few people. 

(Ignore my dirty car :P)

20160204_145251_zpsvqlhj6ap.jpg

As usual, strengthened struts can be had from Rainbowpen - $15 for the pair and they're strong enough to auto-lift a non-wing trunk. 

I should really be working off commission for all this promotion :D