Lancerlot

Led Tail Lights Missing Plug

18 posts in this topic

So I recently bought these bad boys:

03-ml08tledrs1.jpg

They look great and they were easy to install, BUT,

There's a plug for the inner tail light on the trunk, I assume for the DRL's and brake light, that doesn't fit into my OEM harness. This guy right here.

24yuzia.jpg

Just wondering what kind of plug I need to make them work and where I can find one

Thanks

24yuzia.jpg

Wait I am confused. These have DRLs in them?

Wait I am confused. These have DRLs in them?

glad I'm not the only one who thought this lols

I never said they were DRL's, just what I thought they could be. They should also be on at all times when I have any of my lights on. The outer section is, but the area connected to my trunk doesn't function without that plug. I also get a "Loss of taillight communication" or something like that and my traction control light comes on. Also because that plug isn't connected

Does that not plug into the bulb where the sidemarker light used to go?

If not, its appropriate socket is I think 2478 I think. Either way I know for a fact that its a T10 equivalent

I just installed the exact same lights and mine had the correct connection. Not sure why yours doesn't. FYI I had issues with a loose connect for the clearance and stop light. Both sides never were tight enough for a solid connection causing some erratic light issues. I solved this by using large enough shrink tubing around the connector bodies. After shrinking them on I now have no issues. Just though you might want to know this if you experience some problems. b62d2e9cac279d7304020e054c4c9f91.jpg

Can you please send me a picture of your wiring harness and the plugs connecting to the trunk tail light? With the plug that I posted above

Thanks a lot for the pictures, I really appreciate it. And yeah i'm not sure why mine isn't direct plug and play... It looks like i'm missing that plug in my wiring harness. The green female is all that you had to connect?

The grey socket is the original one that I took out of the OEM lights. Weird you don't have it?!

I bought my car from a salvage yard so there's a lot of weird things missing hahaha. This car has definitely been a learning experience :P

Yours should fit. I had the same thing, it just takes some strength to get it in there. That does go in the right place you just need to strong arm it a bit :)

Yours should fit. I had the same thing, it just takes some strength to get it in there. That does go in the right place you just need to strong arm it a bit :)

There's no way that it's the right connector lol but please do prove me wrong :D

fck2rp.jpg

There's no way that it's the right connector lol but please do prove me wrong :D

fck2rp.jpg

If I have any daylight left when I get home I will take some pictures for you.

I just installed the exact same lights and mine had the correct connection. Not sure why yours doesn't. FYI I had issues with a loose connect for the clearance and stop light. Both sides never were tight enough for a solid connection causing some erratic light issues. I solved this by using large enough shrink tubing around the connector bodies. After shrinking them on I now have no issues. Just though you might want to know this if you experience some problems. b62d2e9cac279d7304020e054c4c9f91.jpg

can you post pictures of your fix. I'm picking these up from someone soon for a good price and he was having an issue where they would on work on one side sometimes and then sometimes they wouldn't. don't know if its a similar to the problem you were having but if it is and you fixed it, ill def be picking these up.

Sure, I'll take a close up pic of the shrink tube fix I used

thanks man! you can message me if you want, because i have a few questions

I think i'm just going to cut the wires and solder that connector on. Should be an easy fix. Thanks for the replies everyone.