Virus1x

Road Race Motorsports Turbo Kit.

16 posts in this topic

So i called to ask some questions about the kit the guy I talked to told me rob the owner was the man to talk to, so I left my number 2 days later I get a call from the man himself I start telling him all the things I wanna do to my 2013 es, told him I came from turbo before to a non turbo for my family and I missed it so much I gave him this master list of things I was gonna spend money on he stopped me and told me what to buy what not to buy he gave me a very small list 2-3 items then told me to save some money and do layaway on a kit with him he answered every question super knowledgeable made me feel like I was dealing with a buddy I'd wrenched on cars with for a lifetime I can honestly say the stats and numbers he gave me and the helpful friendly family environment I got from RRM makes me a loyal customer for life... He didn't wanna Nickel and dime me he was honest and so God willing with some heavy scrimping I will be buying my turbo kit in 4 months stay tuned here I will post my final when it's done.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

This was super helpful actually as i am pondering someday doing a turbo. do they make one for the 2.4 engine??

Call them ask rob does custom orders

And then...boom! Sorry but seeing first hand what happens with rrm turbo kits, I'd pass. Build your own Ralliart turbo kit, its cheaper and most are oem parts.

they're after sales support isn't nearly as good of a salesman. salesman job. salesman take on many forms. make you feel comfortable and sell you.

Anyone got proof of kit failure?

better question yet. does anyone have proof that the RRM turbo kit works?

There is literally a single period in that whole first post. I swear i spat out my Coke.

There have been confirmed cases of RRM kits working fine, but its been a while since Rob or anyone at RRM has been active in forums. A damn shame too, plenty of places to help on here.

If you do get this working, please post it in your progress thread.

better question yet. does anyone have proof that the RRM turbo kit works?

This. Exactly this. As far as I can't tell, out of the 8 or so people I've heard of with the RRM kit only ONE has run it without messing something up. The horror stories were all over the forced induction section of 9gL before it went down. I cannot stress enough how much you shouldn't buy an RRM kit.

its been awhile since i heard anything about rrm so things may have changed, or not. But the only positive things I've heard came from folks who went the rrm shop in cali and had hands on attention from rrm. Going to rrm themselves will be your best bet if you want a rrm turbo kit to work from the get go.

For everyone else that braved 4400+ on the kit has had problems ranging from incomplete kits being shipped to kits just wrecking motors (probably because of improper installation. Also read that the instructions are/were a bit skimpy). I think the main thing is the piggy back fuel management that uses a 5th injector setup.

When i still had my lancer I used to meet up with a kid that was supposedly sponsored by rrm as in he got a bit of a discount (so he claimed, also claimed that his 4b11 was the same as the evo's 4b11T and that rrm told him so). He had it installed on his 08 gts and it worked for a bit but the 5th injector was finicky and his tuner had a hard time with it if I recall. He later went through at least one motor before getting rid of the car.

5 injectors! sign me up!!!

5 injectors! sign me up!!!

lol

I'd do OEM RA setup or bust. Last I knew, at least the RA setup was proven to work by numerous people.

I run the RRM kit and its fine, however I do NOT run the fifth injector setup. I replaced that with 4 evo injectors. And I do NOT use the piggyback they supplied. Besides that my car runs fine. I am having some difficulty with tuning but that is my ecu and not the kit itself. Great kit in my opinion. I havent had a problem with the parts (knock on wood).

My question is ,which one would be reliable ? an evo x or ralliart setup VS rrm setup? in the long run.

I read that rrm had issues and evo x setup also have issues. And I want to turbo my lancer for long term and do not want to boost it crazy.

its a tuff decision to make. :sweat:

My question is ,which one would be reliable ? an evo x or ralliart setup VS rrm setup? in the long run.

I read that rrm had issues and evo x setup also have issues. And I want to turbo my lancer for long term and do not want to boost it crazy.

its a tuff decision to make. :sweat:

I would stick with the evo setup. less expensive also