Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
yungveev

Exhaust For Lancer Es 2014

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have any good recommendations on exhaust systems for the Lancer ES 2014? I am looking for a louder, better sound as well as a bit of a performance boost. Probably a catback exhaust, but I am not sure which one. Preferably under $500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2012 and up lancer es gt se de all have exhaust piping that goes under the passenger side and there isnt any cat back that is "street legal" at least in my state of cali. Not sure about any where else. This is due to smog emission. With that being said my suggestion is to stick with an axle back. Ive looked into tsudo s2, injen, and greddy rs revolution. Anither option is to get an exhaust modified i dunno how determined you are on a cat back but i have a 15 lancer gt and i was set on a cat back but im choosing differently because this is my first new car and im not willing to put anything on my car that doesnt fit. This is just my personal preference. Hope this helps. And if im wrong about anything please correct me!

Legality will depend on location, as in NY you will be okay with a lot more than CA.

with a '14, cat back exhaust kits for '08-'11 will not be a direct bolt on, as the pipe routing changed for the 2012.

The 2012 and up lancer es gt se de all have exhaust piping that goes under the passenger side and there isnt any cat back that is "street legal" at least in my state of cali. Not sure about any where else. This is due to smog emission. With that being said my suggestion is to stick with an axle back. Ive looked into tsudo s2, injen, and greddy rs revolution. Anither option is to get an exhaust modified i dunno how determined you are on a cat back but i have a 15 lancer gt and i was set on a cat back but im choosing differently because this is my first new car and im not willing to put anything on my car that doesnt fit. This is just my personal preference. Hope this helps. And if im wrong about anything please correct me!

I decided to go with an HKS axleback exhaust which is a bolt-on, single exit pipe. I found if for $400 which I thought was a pretty good deal. I know that this will definitely benefit the sound the car makes but I am not sure about the impact on its performance. Should I also look to install a cold air intake for performance boost?

Cool man let me know how that works out for you. Im still looking for an exhaust i cant make up my mind haha. Ya the next thing u can do is short ram intake or cold air intake. And then u can get headers unless ur gonna try to turbo but all that turbo os above my paygrade haha

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

Cool man let me know how that works out for you. Im still looking for an exhaust i cant make up my mind haha. Ya the next thing u can do is short ram intake or cold air intake. And then u can get headers unless ur gonna try to turbo but all that turbo os above my paygrade haha

Sent from my LGLS620 using Tapatalk

I'm going to install the exhaust soon, so I'll let you know. I think I am going to go for the cold air intake to increase the hp a bit, but I am not sure about which one is a good brand. But Idk what a short ram intake is really. I'm probably not going to get headers; I would love to turbo as well but yeah, the cost is a lot.

I'm going to install the exhaust soon, so I'll let you know. I think I am going to go for the cold air intake to increase the hp a bit, but I am not sure about which one is a good brand. But Idk what a short ram intake is really. I'm probably not going to get headers; I would love to turbo as well but yeah, the cost is a lot.

SRI basically replaces your current intake to give it better airflow. It doesn't really move where the engine is sucking the air in like a CAI. A lot of people here have Injen or Takeda.

Edit: http://www.redline360.com/garage/cold-air-intake-vs-short-ram-intake-which-is-better

SRI basically replaces your current intake to give it better airflow. It doesn't really move where the engine is sucking the air in like a CAI. A lot of people here have Injen or Takeda.

Edit: http://www.redline360.com/garage/cold-air-intake-vs-short-ram-intake-which-is-better

Thank you for clarifying the difference; I will probably look into a cold air intake. Do you know how much the cost approximately and where I can get a good deal for it?

anybody have suggestions for cali smog legal catback for the 2011 GTS?