Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roytugbangmusic

Clutch Shudder On Launch?

6 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

First off, I'm totally new to the Mitsubishi life, I just came over from a Subie (which I enjoyed, and still highly tout) but I elected to switch over to an RA because I was offered an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I've had it for a little less than a week, and man is it fun to drive.

9d653dbfe69c9517dbbef4b469e46a58.jpg

8caa068b526eba94b30655d1e4f9de5b.jpg

I bought it from Newmarket Mitsubishi (great guys btw) but I've noticed I've had some traction loss/clutch shudder on launch. It's intermittent, but can be annoying. I noticed this on first and second test drive, and I let the dealership know, I even picked up a warranty knowing this could be a bigger problem in the long haul, long story short I just wanted to know if anyone had experience on clutch shudder and possible solutions against it happening on the TC-SST.

Ps- I did do my research, but a lot of the forums have a mix of people getting tranny maintenance done and it going away, and some say a full rebuild/brand new swap.. I'm just looking for what the causes could be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a leak? Trans services on ralliarts aren't cheap..the dealer I work at charges somewhere in the neighborhood of $600. If it was ever run low on fluid or there is currently a leak, a service is gonna help it at all. But if there is a leak, id get it fixed asap. The TC-SST trans is stupid expensive if the warranty decides to not cover it.

The second picture looks like you're being shamed for buying the RA lancer in front of all your friends subies [emoji23]

Is there a leak? Trans services on ralliarts aren't cheap..the dealer I work at charges somewhere in the neighborhood of $600. If it was ever run low on fluid or there is currently a leak, a service is gonna help it at all. But if there is a leak, id get it fixed asap. The TC-SST trans is stupid expensive if the warranty decides to not cover it.

Not too sure if it has a leak. Dealership told me after 40 days if I'm not satisfied they were going to put in a new tranny for me. Obviously first gonna look at maintenance options before the swap, fortunately though looks like it won't be coming out of my pocket lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The second picture looks like you're being shamed for buying the RA lancer in front of all your friends subies [emoji23]

Lol this was at my mechanics. Lol let me tell you, it was quite awkward at first [emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

you could be lucky and just need to replace a part, now they are able to do that. But getting a brand new one is good to because well its brand new and should do just fine. take a look and see and at the end of the day your call for a totally new or just one replacemnet. but if you not paying for a brand new one go for it.