Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hpUSMC

Usmc Lancer Progress Thread

12 posts in this topic

Yooooo. I've been lurking here since January and finally got some parts in and ready to install on my 2012 SE (AWD/AWC) in Black. The only downside is that I leave for the Marine Corps in 30 days (7/27/15) so I won't get to mod or see my baby for 3 months. The upside is after boot camp, I come home for 10 days and the next month and a half of training is only 40 minutes from where I live (Southern California). Then when I go for my job training, I will ship it across country and continue driving it.

Current mods (just waiting installation)
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X Duckbill spoiler
plastdip the rims

Future Mods
Some sort of custom exhaust, I'd like a Y Pipe cat back but we'll see
XXR 527s
06 STI front lip
K&N Intake
aluminum pulley

Should be installing my current mod list this coming week. Glad I can share my progress with you all! Pics to come

-Holden

STI front lip on a lancer? Have fun at bootcamp and don't be a dick. I'm in the navy and I had a 2 month bootcamp that was painfully annoying, welcome to PL though [emoji4] hooyah!

-Gaylor

welcome to pl! another oc guy :)

STI front lip on a lancer? Have fun at bootcamp and don't be a ****. I'm in the navy and I had a 2 month bootcamp that was painfully annoying, welcome to PL though [emoji4] hooyah!

-Gaylor

Yeah man, I've seen a few and it looks pretty clean. And yeah I've wanted to be a Marine since as long as I can remember. A good friend I consider a brother is a motor t mechanic down at Pendleton, I know boot camp is going to suck ass haha. Thanks though!

welcome to pl! another oc guy :)

714 represent!

Welcome bro!

Here's some before pics of all the mods I have currently

D2 coilovers
IMG_2139.jpg

Evo X Duckbill

IMG_2138.jpg

Just picked up this Road Race Motorsports short ram intake V2
IMG_2140.jpg

Duckbill

IMG_2147.jpg

IMG_2146.jpg

RRM SRI
IMG_2148.jpg

EDIT: The only downside for today was I drove over a fucking boulder accidentally and scraped the left driver side and bottom front...Don't ask it was pure negligence

Not sure how easily, but you can probably modify your stock airbox to fit that SRI, so you can leave the snorkel in place and not have as much ambient hot air from the engine. Looks good man, I love that duckbill. Might jump on that myself soon

Not sure how easily, but you can probably modify your stock airbox to fit that SRI, so you can leave the snorkel in place and not have as much ambient hot air from the engine. Looks good man, I love that duckbill. Might jump on that myself soon

I've read somewhere about that. I was curious on how to do that. I'll have to take a look today..also hopefully I have all the bolts and screws lol. Also if your car is tarmac black the duckbill looks suuuuper sick. Better looking IMO than any other colored lancer.

I've read somewhere about that. I was curious on how to do that. I'll have to take a look today..also hopefully I have all the bolts and screws lol. Also if your car is tarmac black the duckbill looks suuuuper sick. Better looking IMO than any other colored lancer.

I plan to paint the lip anyway, to get the gloss finish, although it will not be an exact match I'm cool with that. But yeah, matte on gloss definitely works with black.

This is from a fellow PL member who has the Takeda intake, which fits right up against the pre-filter half of the factory aribox. Maybe you can mod to get somthing similar?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chinox22x/media/IMG_0138.jpg.html

I plan to paint the lip anyway, to get the gloss finish, although it will not be an exact match I'm cool with that. But yeah, matte on gloss definitely works with black.

This is from a fellow PL member who has the Takeda intake, which fits right up against the pre-filter half of the factory aribox. Maybe you can mod to get somthing similar?

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/chinox22x/media/IMG_0138.jpg.html

Yeah I gotcha. Even without paint it looks great so I'm sure with paint it'll look even better. I'll forsure take a look at the snorkel today