RUGGNATION

Gts Sportback Brakes Vs. Gts Brakes

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

Searched a bit but didnt find an answer to my question, apologies if this has been covered somewhere already. I'm looking to replace my worn out brakes on my 2010 Sportback but all the shops i look at are giving confusing information that says something like "for ES, DE, GTS (except GTS Sportback)", then others say that pads/rotors can be used on all trims besides the ralliart. Can someone explain what the difference is with the brakes? I have a feeling that I'm going to end up ordering incorrect parts...

TIA,

Josh

Fronts:

DE, ES = 275 mm front rotors, single piston pull calipers, smaller pads

GTS (seda/sportback) + American Outlander = 294 mm front rotors, single piston pull calipers, bigger pads

Ralliart + European Outlander = 294 mm front roters, dual piston pull calipers, same pads as GTS (also same pads as Legnum/Galant VR4 and Evo 4, this can help you if looking for sport/racing brake pads)

Rears:

DE = drums

ES = 262 mm rear rotors, single piston pull caliper, very small pads

GTS (both) 302 mm rear rotors, single piston pull caliper, bigger pads

Ralliart & Outlander have different lower control arm and different knuckle, but size of pull caliper is the same as GTS so pads are the same, the caliper itself is supposedly slightly different (according to manual)

As Trance eluded, GTS pads will fit the Sportback... I am running Akebono performance pads with slotted rotors. Stopping power is so much better compared to stock.