Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tsk126

Interior Trim

16 posts in this topic

So I installed some carbon fiber vinyl wrap to my trim and it's not the best as of now and some pieces it's harder to have a smoothness the whole way around so I'm thinking about painting them. What would anyone recommend that looks nice? And did anyone just paint over the paint or did they go another route to it?

I tried dip but my wife scratched it off the first day. I think just decided to paint it.

Driver's Side Door

Door Close Up

Lower Driver's Side

Passenger Dash

Driver's Side

Passenger Angle

Full View

Passenger Angle

I have mine dipped right now. b9bb99286ee255b783093527fa4457d5.jpg

So you just painted over the grey that was already on it? No particular preparation?

People are scared to do vinyl over the plastic where I'm at. I even showed a guy the thread from whoever got 1080 3m carbonfiber vinyl over his interior and they were like "well that's going to peel in like a month blah blah blah

I wrapped mine well over a year ago and still looks the same as day 1

I wrapped my interior as well but the sides are starting to let loose a little so I figured if I painted it wouldn't have to worry about the hassle and fixing in future again. Just trying to see if people painted right over the trim without doing anything extra and how good it's

Holding. I'm going to paint then use clear coat over top incase would get scratched or from sun fading color possibly.

Ive vinyl wrapped and dipped mine and I much prefer vinyl.
The dip got dusty and gross looking after awhile.
I have vinyled mine a few times now and the vinyl peels up with no issues at all. Personal favourite!

Current Galaxy
dw6kw8.jpg

Previous Matte Metallic Pink
15oujaf.jpg

But did it peel on the edges of the trim?

If your asking me if it peeled from the edges it did I took off all of the trim and wrapped it around but some places I had to cut the corners of the vinyl because wouldn't smoothly go on the curved edge,etc so I decided to just paint it since won't have to worry about the curved sides or corners and paint will go on smoothly!

HerMitsu-love the Galaxy! Wish could do something like that but trying to make it go with the inside of my car since I have red and black seat covers, but galaxy is pretty kickass to me!

So you just painted over the grey that was already on it? No particular preparation?

Plastic primer coat, then paint :)

I wrapped the trims like the piano black dash I bought from a wrecked 2014 VRX and looks great

IMG 3311

IMG 3310

IMG 3309

But did it peel on the edges of the trim?

As long as you remove all the trim and wrap underneath then it will not peel

As long as you remove all the trim and wrap underneath then it will not peel

it did for me, idk how but it did so just painted it

Hey just curious..Im thinking about dipping my trims..for maybe a cleaner look would it help to sand the trims down then dip them?

Hey just curious..Im thinking about dipping my trims..for maybe a cleaner look would it help to sand the trims down then dip them?

i wouldn't sand them down its gonna be rough after you dip. only sand if your going to paint. that's my opinion