Chilinvr4

Problem With My Tach

17 posts in this topic

i have a problem my tach is stuck on 67159 miles and i don't know why everything else is working fine 1d34c1ba662e9c9e422660ae2fd791d0.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Awesome! You must have gotten the extended warranty.

Awesome! You must have gotten the extended warranty.

hahaha good one but I bought second hand so no warranty for me

Ahh well, it was a hope. At least your resale value will only increase over time.

The odometer is a computer all on its own. Its possible that it may not be working properly. If the trip odometer works, the the cluster is broken. You should be able to buy one second hand for relatively cheap on eBay.

The only issue is that the mileage wont transfer. Sp you'd need to buy one that is either really close, of over your current mileage.

Either that, or you could buy one and get it reprogrammed

The odometer is a computer all on its own. Its possible that it may not be working properly. If the trip odometer works, the the cluster is broken. You should be able to buy one second hand for relatively cheap on eBay.

The only issue is that the mileage wont transfer. Sp you'd need to buy one that is either really close, of over your current mileage.

yeah the trip works fine I going to check on eBay or local but before I'm going to try another tach just to make sure.

Thanks for the help

Just a thought, have you tried to reset your service indicator? It might help but not certain but it's worth a try.

Just a thought, have you tried to reset your service indicator? It might help but not certain but it's worth a try.

The services indicator is for the tire sensor I have no sensors. Everything else is working great

The services indicator is for the tire sensor I have no sensors. Everything else is working great

What I ment was, by pressing the info button on the cluster in a certain pattern you can reset your service light. It might reset the odometer so it'll work like normal. Someone at my workplace knows the combination so I'll ask for you and then you can see if it works. It could save you some money.

What I ment was, by pressing the info button on the cluster in a certain pattern you can reset your service light. It might reset the odometer so it'll work like normal. Someone at my workplace knows the combination so I'll ask for you and then you can see if it works. It could save you some money.

Ok let me know when you knowing any help I can get is good. Thank you

I meant to post a picture of the print out of how to reset the service light but forgot to pick it up on my way home. I will post it up tomorrow but make a note on when your service is actually due.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

72a63d6f5214e83c734097b5b219b409.jpg

Like I said this might not work but it's worth a try and make sure you make a note on when your next service is due.

72a63d6f5214e83c734097b5b219b409.jpg

Like I said this might not work but it's worth a try and make sure you make a note on when your next service is due.

I tried to but nothing changed I still have the same problem. Thanks for take your time and try to help with my problem I really appreciate

Your welcome buddy. It was worth a shot. The only other thing I would suggest is try a diagnostic test and if that shows up nothing, then you might have to get a new cluster.

go to a local dealership and have it checked out. ask around for the most trustworthy one. or if you have any local mitsubishi mechanics thats even better.

If you to go the dealership, to give yourself a little more cred, its not your tach. Tach measures rpms, not mileage

you were right the cluster is broken a friend just sell me one for $25 and everything is working. thanks