Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dcjones89

New From Northern Ny

5 posts in this topic

Derek from Watertown, NY. Purchased a 2015 Lancer GT in March. Love the car, but have a few questions. Mainly, I want to open it up a little bit. Can anyone point me in the right direction for which mods/manufacturers are best for the 2.4L? Completely new to this. Not looking to go outlandish, just would like to open it up and gain closer to the 200HP mark, maybe more in the future. Thanks for any info!post-9396-0-65251600-1443773845_thumb.jp

welcome! to hit that 200 mark you'll need a bit more than you'd think. most likely a full headr back exhaust, an intake (cai for best results but thats not always best here in ny) a 4g69 tb, and if you can get you hands on some evo cams it would be nice. intake and exhaust can be done whenever but if you get the throttle body and cams you will need a tune which is the next best thing you can do to pull hp out of your car. all of those things together after a nice tune will get you up to 200 easy. probably a little more. ill say 215 at the very most. to get anything more than that you'll probably need to do all new internals and of course go turbo. depending on psi a turbo setup could bring you up to the 300 range.

Thanks for the info! Thats a little more involved than I was initially thinking, but Rome

wasn't built in a day, I suppose. I see you have the Typhoon cai, I was considering going either that route or the Apollo cai. How is the typhoon? Also, do you know what is involved with the tune? My Step Father has a Mitsubishi Master Tech certification, (most of the reason I'm even considering mods) so I'm sure he has some knowledge on that.

Welcome to PL man. I'm in the same boat as you with the 2.4l. Check around the forum there's quite a few posts that will direct you in the right direction for parts. Good luck on the build.