NULL

All Lighting Questions Here

146 posts in this topic

Very nice ZERO COOL
Thanx bro. Have to keep everyone informed.

very nice find.. so much info. not enuf time to read.. i'll just use it as my own wiki :)

An informed driver is a good friend on the road.

Great info bro. B)

Hey I realy realy whant some hid lights the 12000k but don't wanna spend 200$on them anyone buy there's on eBay? If so can you direct me to a good seller I realy whant them....like now

yeah i got mine off ebay.. hold on i'll find the link.. although ur still going to have to get a harness from mobileHID.com

whats the difference between regular ballasts and slim digital ballasts??...other than the obvious size difference.

whats the difference between regular ballasts and slim digital ballasts??...other than the obvious size difference.
The slimmer ones are the new digital ballasts they run cooler than the regular ones.

The slimmer ones are the new digital ballasts they run cooler than the regular ones.

Thought so. I'm sure the guy just has a fix(bypass harness) but is blaming the ballasts.

Note to others: Install HIDs yourself or go to a reputable installer. Don't rush a deal :'(

does ne1 knw how to hook up a drl relay? i need instructions please

Ok, quick question, before I take off my bumper to take out my headlights I need to know if our bulbs can be easily replaced. As is just unhook turn and pull out. I have stock HIDs and want to upgrade, will this be just as easy as buying new bulbs? Thanks.

Just curious, why do you need to take out your headlights?

I would assume that swapping the bulbs should be no problem. I'm pretty sure they are d2s bulbs.

well the stock HID just are not cutting it so i want to upgrade them lol

^If you're just swapping out the bulbs, do you need to remove the headlights?

^well that's what I'm asking about, i know you can swap out just the bulbs for the side marker, turn signal, and DRL, but I'm not sure for the HID's the manual doesn't say anything about them... and the only way i can actually get to them is to take out my head light... or I could attempt to move some things out of the way... i just need to know if the stock HID bulbs *if accessible to replace* is just as easy as swapping it out no ballast or anything else need.

Hey everyone, I've been waiting for my HID kit and it should be arriving anytime now.

My question is, where is the best place to put the ballast under our hoods? I know that it's not supposed to get wet or anything.. so any suggestions? Pictures would be greatly appreciated too!

Hey everyone, I've been waiting for my HID kit and it should be arriving anytime now. My question is, where is the best place to put the ballast under our hoods? I know that it's not supposed to get wet or anything.. so any suggestions? Pictures would be greatly appreciated too!
If you are installing a hid fog kit, there is a little shelf right above the housing on the inside of the bumer that is perfect for a ballast.

For the head light, I mounted my ballast right below my quiklift kit ... sorry the pic was pre-HID, but you should get the idea.

caiandquiklift.jpg

Hey everyone, I received my HIDs and installed them but here is my problem...

They work fine if I switch them on and THEN turn my car on and let the e-brake down and drive normally, etc.

BUT, if I don't need them on yet, I start the car, drop the e-brake, and I will see a slight flicker of the HIDs and then they're gone. But once this happens, I won't even be able to turn on the HID's if I switch it to setting 2.

I do not believe I have a relay harness or anything.

What can I do? How can I buy an anti-flicker kit?

When you release the e-brake, the Daytime Running Lights activate. Because the DRL's basically run at a lower voltage, they are not fully powering your HID Ballasts and they are shorting out--which is why they won't turn back on.

With my DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness properly installed, all lights will assume normal function:

Position 0 - All lights OFF, DRL's OFF

Position 1 - Parking lights ON, DRL's OFF

Position 2 - Low beams ON, Parking lights ON

With an anti-flicker kit installed:

Position 0 - LOW Beams ON

Position 1 - Parking lights ON, LOW Beams ON

Position 2 - Parking lights ON, LOW Beams ON

Thank you for the reply.

I live in Canada and found out that I can get pulled over and ticketed if I do not have daytime running lights. Does that mean that my best option is to get an anti-flicker kit?

I know people ask this a lot but I am still confused.. what is the difference between the normal relay harness (not drl bypass) and the anti flicker kit? Do they both have daytime running lights? (low beams on at position 0)

Thanks!

You're best option would be to get the anti-flicker kit. It will have your lights ON 24/7 including position 0.

Hey guys,

This may sound like a stupid question but can I get the super white led city lights for our car just anywhere or can it only be bought online???

and if I'm correct the size is 194?

Hey guys, This may sound like a stupid question but can I get the super white led city lights for our car just anywhere or can it only be bought online??? and if I'm correct the size is 194?
Yes sir its 194, and so are the license plate bulbs. So while your getting white ones for your cities, get some for the rear. Will look great. B) :-c2