NULL

All Lighting Questions Here

146 posts in this topic

Looks like the bulb you used was too long and popped the clear cover off the housing.

You'll have to bake open the headlight using an oven or heat gun if you want to put the cover back on.

oh :( so when i open headlight i can put in side ring's did you have how to intall it ? what use to reseal it back up then?

oh :( so when i open headlight i can put in side ring's did you have how to intall it ? what use to reseal it back up then?

I believe the side rings are one piece. So it looks like you actually broke the plastic cover off of the whole piece. If you just want to get the loose piece out of the headlight, you might be able to get it out through the low beam bulb hole.

If not, then opening the headlight is a must.

First you need to remove the front bumper, then there are 4 bolts that secure the head lamp assembly to the vehicle, one is kind of hidden on the side where the bumper attaches to the fender.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPB4IBel6Hw

To bake open, this guide is similar. For my stock OEM Lancer or Evo X lights, I use the oven set at 200° F, for 17 - 20 minutes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anN0vYBj6Uo

Or you can also use a heat gun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2C7UXx6JQ

thanks for answer its very very helpful but what to use to reseal can i use silicone?

If you're careful you should be able to re-use the original sealant at least once, theres enough glue there.

If not... use some butyl rubber glue or window weld/tape. They key is to get butyl material.

I wouldn't use silicone cause it would be a pain to clean up if you opened it back up in the future.

Silicone can also haze the inside of the lens. GE Silicone II is good. You can use it around the outside of the lens to be safe.

hi, one of my lights just blink at random time also shutdown, i have GT 2008 i have projector headlight

what can i do?

hi, one of my lights just blink at random time also shutdown, i have GT 2008 i have projector headlight

what can i do?

either your ballast or your bulb is on its way out.

are they OEM Hid?

either your ballast or your bulb is on its way out.

are they OEM Hid?

yes

yes

You can check your fueses and relays, but in all reality I think either the bulb or the ballast is going out. Switch the bulb with the other side. If it works perfectly fine then the bulb is out. If it still does the same then the ballast is dying

You can check your fueses and relays, but in all reality I think either the bulb or the ballast is going out. Switch the bulb with the other side. If it works perfectly fine then the bulb is out. If it still does the same then the ballast is dying

thanks i will try it today :D

Hi folks, new to this forum. I picked up a 2015 lancer GT AWC and would really like my lights to look like this. Any idea where i can purchase these for a 2015 model?

High-Quality-Brand-New-Mitsubishi-font-b

Lighting question here... I am replacing ALL my light bulbs in the car with LEDs, and I want to know if it's possible for the parking light to stay on with DRL off? I want to purchase the jrox relay wire to put HID in the car instead of splicing wires, which cuts off the parking light anyways. Is this possible? I want the side marker, and parking light to be always on, and still stay on when the knob is flip.

Lighting question here... I am replacing ALL my light bulbs in the car with LEDs, and I want to know if it's possible for the parking light to stay on with DRL off? I want to purchase the jrox relay wire to put HID in the car instead of splicing wires, which cuts off the parking light anyways. Is this possible? I want the side marker, and parking light to be always on, and still stay on when the knob is flip.

You could use this that I did with mine and just use the power circuit which ever you like instead of the DRLs I setup.

http://projectlancer.net/index.php?showtopic=20010&page=2#entry303923

Hey all,

I've got DDM Tuning HID conversion kit http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/DDM-HID-Kit-Slim-Ballast-35W-or-55W and the harness from JROX and I am having some issues with my lights.

I've had them for about 3-3.5 years now and they will both turn on at startup just fine. However, after a few minutes, the driver's side will turn off. If a turn all the headlights off and back on, it will turn on again. Does this sound like an issue with the Ballast or with the harness?

Thanks,

Ian

Ok I have a question.

I just recently got projectors. I had LED's but they were shit and my passenger side kept going out. So I put some el cheapo normal bulbs in just to get me by until I get some new bulbs.

What bulbs do you guys recommend? I want them to either be really white or have a blue tint to them. I hate these bulbs I have in now..

On 11/10/2009 at 1:53 AM, jRox said:

When you release the e-brake, the Daytime Running Lights activate. Because the DRL's basically run at a lower voltage, they are not fully powering your HID Ballasts and they are shorting out--which is why they won't turn back on.

With my DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness properly installed, all lights will assume normal function:

Position 0 - All lights OFF, DRL's OFF

Position 1 - Parking lights ON, DRL's OFF

Position 2 - Low beams ON, Parking lights ON

With an anti-flicker kit installed:

Position 0 - LOW Beams ON

Position 1 - Parking lights ON, LOW Beams ON

Position 2 - Parking lights ON, LOW Beams ON

Hi, I just got LEDs for my headlights, but I have the problem with the DRL, is there a way to shut that off?? I already tried a relay harness for it but it just does not work at all...

Any advice??

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎05 at 4:45 PM, ramorajr said:

Hi, I just got LEDs for my headlights, but I have the problem with the DRL, is there a way to shut that off?? I already tried a relay harness for it but it just does not work at all...

Any advice??

It should work if you have the relay harness installed correctly.

8 minutes ago, JukEboX said:

It should work if you have the relay harness installed correctly.

It worked with the HIDs, but is not the same with the LEDs... 

Here is what I did to disable the DRL. I went to the interior fuse box and pulled the bottom wiring harness (Not on the face, but under the fuse box). There will be a purple wire which will be in the center of 3 wires(only purple wire). Cut the wire leaving about an inch or so to the connector side so that it can be reversed if nessasary. Now take the end that is not connected to the plug and butt connect to about 10 inches of wire and take that wire that to a grounding rocker switch(will only have 2 prongs, unless you want one that lights up, 3 prongs then you will have to wire an additional key on power) (can find at local auto parts store). Now take about 10-13 inches of wire from the other prong on the switch to the grounding bolt on the right side of the fuse box. You will now use a switch to turn on your low beams instead of the selector knob. You will also be able to run fogs without headlights on. You will no longer be warned that your headlights are on when the car is turned off now so make sure you turn off the switch. I used the dummy switches and used a dremel to one so that i could put the switch there.

Hello all

this will be my first post and first question on this forum, sorry if I'm breaking any rules. The low beams in my 09 lancer es will not turn on, the high beams and the fog lights work just fine however. I've been doing some research and have been reading that it could be the relay. I replaced the relay today and still nothing. I've also read it could be a ballast issue? When I bought the car the previous owner told me about the problem and even showed me that the low beams DO infact turn on (he showed me using a spare wire that he stuck into the slot where the relay inserts) I really don't want to have to go to the dealership on this. Any ideas on what the issue could be?