Remko_S

Insulation Evo X Hood

11 posts in this topic

Bought an evo x hood but it didn't have the insulation, trying to find it but can't find the part number and can't find anything on ebay too

any suggestions

Whats the point?

Bought an evo x hood but it didn't have the insulation, trying to find it but can't find the part number and can't find anything on ebay too

any suggestions

You need the inner and outer hood insulators, as well as a bunch of clips. Then you need four bolts and two shims to mount the hood if you didn't have those already.

Outer part# 5915A077

Inner part# 5915A104

link....

http://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/parts/2014/Mitsubishi/Lancer/Evolution%20MR?siteid=214581&vehicleid=408343&diagram=6267085&diagramCallOut=3

Heres a pic for reference... I went as far as to blocking off the vents to help keep the engine bay cleaner and got the correct engine/oil type sticker for my old 2012 SE.

IMG_0309_zps8d064881.jpg

Whats the point?

just to make it look more original and because my windshield wiper fluid lines are hanging a bit loose under the hood and with the insulation it's nicely tucked away

You need the inner and outer hood insulators, as well as a bunch of clips. Then you need four bolts and two shims to mount the hood if you didn't have those already.

Outer part# 5915A077

Inner part# 5915A104

link....

http://www.mitsubishipartswarehouse.com/parts/2014/Mitsubishi/Lancer/Evolution%20MR?siteid=214581&vehicleid=408343&diagram=6267085&diagramCallOut=3

Heres a pic for reference... I went as far as to blocking off the vents to help keep the engine bay cleaner and got the correct engine/oil type sticker for my old 2012 SE.

Yess this te complete insulation. think it looks more cleaner and it keeps the enginebay clear indeed.

Asked my mitsu-dealer what he charges for these partnumbers because i live in the Netherlands and i'll go look on the internet with european sellers

did they all come with that? when i bought my hood the guy only gave me the hood. nothing more. no insulation. i just didnt think they had it for the evo due to the turbo wanting to be cooler.

did they all come with that? when i bought my hood the guy only gave me the hood. nothing more. no insulation. i just didnt think they had it for the evo due to the turbo wanting to be cooler.

Yes, thats how they all come stock EvoX/Ralliart. Some owners will remove them to keep the engine bay cooler or to put onto their new hood.

I've heard if you remove it in hotter climates it could start damaging the paint on the hood. Not sure it really matters if you're not turbo tho.

On 1/18/2016 at 7:03 PM, elocinX671 said:

Outer part# 5915A077

Inner part# 5915A104

link....

IMG_0309_zps8d064881.jpg

What did you use to make the covers for the vents? Im thinking of making some for my CF hood just didnt know what to go with

I didn't have the insulation too. What I did is trim the excess windshield washer fluid line to just have enough slack that it's not hanging. No issues underneath. No cracking or any issues due to heat.