MissLeighMcKay

My Lancer sportback

64 posts in this topic

Finally booked the Lancer in for a custom exhaust, dpf delete and a stage 1 remap. Goes in on 19th September for a few days. 

I will have the car back ready for the last car show of the year at the end of September.

11 hours ago, MissLeighMcKay said:

Finally booked the Lancer in for a custom exhaust, dpf delete and a stage 1 remap. Goes in on 19th September for a few days. 

I will have the car back ready for the last car show of the year at the end of September.

That's brilliant to hear, gotta take it on track now haha

I'm gutted that because of work I can't have the roof wrap on mine done for Trax though, only got one day off between the 11th and the 25th so couldn't get it fitted in :( - although might have something special sorted in a few days... :)

On 9/7/2016 at 11:25 AM, LukePilot152 said:

That's brilliant to hear, gotta take it on track now haha

I'm gutted that because of work I can't have the roof wrap on mine done for Trax though, only got one day off between the 11th and the 25th so couldn't get it fitted in :( - although might have something special sorted in a few days... :)

I will take it on track possibly next year when i have the guts to haha I'm too scared of crashing and then writing off my car. I don't underestimate my driving ability, it's just other people who drive like prats.

A little bit of progress since the beginning of September...2 weeks ago, the Lancer went into SA Tuning in Harlow, England for a DPF delete, custom stainless steel exhaust with a single high flow cat and a stage 1 remap.

The guys doing it said that there seemed to be a map already on the ECU that isn't a Mitsubishi map...weird. Plus, I also found out that there is a fault with my boost solenoid so I will have to get that replaced soon. Either way...here are the results of the work:

14492410.jpg

telknr10.jpg

14444710.jpg

10445810.jpg

Drive great after a map don't they ..

Have you got a pic of the new diffuser? Can't decide if I want one

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Captain Sticky said:

Drive great after a map don't they ..

Have you got a pic of the new diffuser? Can't decide if I want one

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

They sure do @Captain Sticky.

I still haven't got the diffuser on as I am going to need to cut my bumper for it to sit flush. Either way, here is a photo of when I unboxed it:

14205997_1731552443778508_3055070444971739525_o.jpg

The diffuser still isn't on the car as I haven't felt the need to get it on quickly due to the uk car show season has ended until March next year. I have added a pink heart-shaped "japanese subway handle" to the rear of the car to make it more girly. Too many people think it's a guy driving the car.

An update though, I have had to replace the boost solenoid finally due to the car going into limp mode numerous times this month. Luckily, the part only cost me just under £40 to buy and was a 20 minute job to replace. The car feels like it has more power now too which is a bonus.

I had new Brembo pads and discs arrive yesterday ready to be put on in January when the MoT and service is due. I will also be ordering some Uniroyal Rainsport 3's this week, finally getting some nice grippy rubber on the car.

Unfortunutely, I managed to kerb one of my wheels yesterday getting out of a car park which narrow lanes and high kerbs. I was too focus on not scuffing the rear wheels that I misjudged the front. It isnt too deep so I'm going to match a nail varnish with the colour for now to cover it up until I can afford to get all 4 wheels refurbed as I will never be able to properly colour match the wheels.

img_6110.jpg

Here are some photos that were taken on Sunday:

fullsi12.jpg

fullsi10.jpg

fullsi11.jpg

I haven't posted up in a while because I have only just started doing some more modifications again. But last month, I finally got round to ordering my lower spoiler and I even bought a 3 pod gauge trim for my stereo that is coming from the US. Only downfall is that it's custom made and will take between 6-8 weeks to make. Either way, this is what is looks like:

Full_Size_Render.jpg

Yesterday, I finally fitted the lower spoiler:

IMG_1040.jpg

However, when I took the top spoiler off (because I only want to run the lower spoiler), it left massive holes in the boot lid at the top :cry: You can slightly see holes in the photo below:

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1039.jpg

Next up on the to-do list is de-chrome the outside trims, cover my headlights in chameleon vinyl, fit my diffuser and spray some interior parts.

Interesting look with just the low spoiler on a sportback.  Plugging those holes should be pretty easy with a run to the hardware store

18 hours ago, MINE said:

Interesting look with just the low spoiler on a sportback.  Plugging those holes should be pretty easy with a run to the hardware store

Thing is, I don't want it to look tacky with blanking grommets :/ I would love to fill it in and spray it but I use the car daily and I just will not have the time or equipment to do it.

On 4/11/2017 at 0:07 PM, MissLeighMcKay said:

Thing is, I don't want it to look tacky with blanking grommets :/ I would love to fill it in and spray it but I use the car daily and I just will not have the time or equipment to do it.

That's fair. Not worried about moisture and rust inside your gate?

On 18/04/2017 at 2:51 PM, MINE said:

That's fair. Not worried about moisture and rust inside your gate?

I've put the top spoiler back on so there isn't any water getting inside.

Just a little update. I have decided to sell my rear diffuser. It is going to be too much hassle to modify it to fit the sportback.

My stereo trim gauge pod is still being made and I have been told it will be shipped to me this week :D woo!

I have bought and fitted a front splitter and it looks awesome!

0moJYYk.jpg

nnJ3rXW.jpg

GTSIjwT.jpg

I have also bought a rhino lip to put under my side skirts so it matches the front splitter which I bought as a recent car show.

14oHFGM.jpg

I'm loving that front splitter. Do you have the name/style by any chance? How much did it cost you? How long was the install?