Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bradley.bernard1

Plastic shelf behind rear seat rattle

4 posts in this topic

I heard the plastic behind lancers rattling is a common problem, does anyone have a fix for it? I was thinking about removing the piece entirely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just put a sock in between the plastic shelf and the metal part, no joke! Worked perfect for me! But if you want to remove it you have to remove the rear seat in order to do it

But if you want to remove it you have to remove the rear seat in order to do it

No you do not and please stop spreading false information. All you have to do in order to remove the rear dash from the back of a 9G Lancer is as follows.

1: Fold down rear seats.

2: Remove three plastic clips behind where the seats sit when folded

3: Pull on both rear pillars in an upward and outward motion but be careful as side curtain air bags sit behind these. The pillars will also dangle from a plastic tether that gives just enough leeway in case of an automobile accident.

4: Pull rear dash toward you.

The rear dash should just slide out toward you with a little coercing.

But by all means@chelecuche is right by just filling the space in between the plastic and car frame. I've even tried to use a bed foam and that has worked with some effect. I've also found that the covers to the child car seats are one of the big rattles from the rear dash, that and where it touches the rear windscreen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far my best solution which I've been using for about 8 months with no issue is clear 1/4 inch tubing pushed between the glass and plastic. I put the link below. I cut it and forced it between them both. Honestly can't even tell and over time it forms to it. Completely took away the awful vibration sound 

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Sioux-Chief-1-4-in-O-D-x-0-170-in-I-D-x-10-ft-Clear-PVC-Tubing-900-01030C00101/202257567

D62C9469-9E35-4451-AF21-42C2D5827F44.jpeg9CCA3B6A-1EA1-4B49-9615-4164F747CEC5.jpeg