hngdzzl

Vinyl Roof Wrap

14 posts in this topic

I want to have my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl by professional shop. How much should this cost?? I want to see what you guys think is a reasonable price before I go for a quote. 

Also pros and cons of roof wrap vs painting. Which would be less costly ?

If its just the roof, it should be  about under a  grand. To your second question, the wrap would be much cheaper than having it painted and you  could  also remove it.

12 minutes ago, Gekan said:

If its just the roof, it should be  about under a  grand. To your second question, the wrap would be much cheaper than having it painted and you  could  also remove it.

Under a grand? I was expecting more in the $200-400 range for just a roof wrap.

Well that is  under a grand. But yea $200-$400  is a  reasonable range. I think the type of black you pick also factors into the price as  well.  But it is  way cheaper  than having it  painted.

Did mine myself. Cost about $80 in vinyl materials so if a shop quoted more than $150 you should DIY. Took me 2 hours with a buddy or two.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, hngdzzl said:

I want to have my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl by professional shop. How much should this cost?? I want to see what you guys think is a reasonable price before I go for a quote. 

I had my 2016 ES estimated for a roof wrap and they quoted me for close to a grand ($CAD) :SHOCKED:. It will cost more if you have a sunroof. Might as well buy any 3M Vinyl rolls on ebay and DIY. Atleast, if you mess it up, you can always peel it off..and start again.^_^

The shop quoted me $450 for roof wrap. And they aren't removing the antenna to do the job properly. This is a ridiculous price right....

On 1/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, gstacruz777 said:

I had my 2016 ES estimated for a roof wrap and they quoted me for close to a grand ($CAD) :SHOCKED:. It will cost more if you have a sunroof. Might as well buy any 3M Vinyl rolls on ebay and DIY. Atleast, if you mess it up, you can always peel it off..and start again.^_^

If I DIY, does peeling off the vinyl wrap over and over ruin the clear coat and paint (assuming I keep screwing it up)?

16 hours ago, hngdzzl said:

If I DIY, does peeling off the vinyl wrap over and over ruin the clear coat and paint (assuming I keep screwing it up)?

The clear coat, maybe , but the paint, i doubt. You still have enough time to adjust the film when you first lay it over the panel. That's why you shouldn't peel off the protective cover at the back totally so that you can work your way easily as you go.

Wrapping really isn't hard. I spent about 40 on materials to wrap mine in carbon fiber. Removed the antenna and everything. The hardest part about wrapping the roof is you're gonna need a second set of hands, and the damn clips on the drip moldings are a pain to remove. You're guaranteed to break a few. They cost $7 a piece from Mitsubishi parts direct. 

I had my roof wrapped in a gloss black by a pro shop and was charged $150. I didn't think that was too bad, and they did a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

On 2017-1-22 at 8:29 AM, hngdzzl said:

I had somebody quoted mine for $230 cad. Mine does not have a sunroof. -- previous guy who quoted me was all after the money

Materials should be around $70 for good quality vinyl and the rest labor. The drip rail clips do break easily and cost $6 ea there's 14 all together. Not sure if they factor that in. IMO $250 is decent price as some roofs with prep take 3hrs to complete. Wrap is for sure the way to go as it's reversible and far less $ than sanding and painting.

3 hours ago, stormtrooper said:

Materials should be around $70 for good quality vinyl and the rest labor. The drip rail clips do break easily and cost $6 ea there's 14 all together. Not sure if they factor that in. IMO $250 is decent price as some roofs with prep take 3hrs to complete. Wrap is for sure the way to go as it's reversible and far less $ than sanding and painting.

so you'll do it for $250 man? I'll be heading straight to you. lol