hngdzzl

Vinyl Roof Wrap

14 posts in this topic

I want to have my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl by professional shop. How much should this cost?? I want to see what you guys think is a reasonable price before I go for a quote. 

Also pros and cons of roof wrap vs painting. Which would be less costly ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If its just the roof, it should be  about under a  grand. To your second question, the wrap would be much cheaper than having it painted and you  could  also remove it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Gekan said:

If its just the roof, it should be  about under a  grand. To your second question, the wrap would be much cheaper than having it painted and you  could  also remove it.

Under a grand? I was expecting more in the $200-400 range for just a roof wrap.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that is  under a grand. But yea $200-$400  is a  reasonable range. I think the type of black you pick also factors into the price as  well.  But it is  way cheaper  than having it  painted.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did mine myself. Cost about $80 in vinyl materials so if a shop quoted more than $150 you should DIY. Took me 2 hours with a buddy or two.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, hngdzzl said:

I want to have my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl by professional shop. How much should this cost?? I want to see what you guys think is a reasonable price before I go for a quote. 

Also pros and cons of roof wrap vs painting. Which would be less costly ?

I had my 2016 ES estimated for a roof wrap and they quoted me for close to a grand ($CAD) :SHOCKED:. It will cost more if you have a sunroof. Might as well buy any 3M Vinyl rolls on ebay and DIY. Atleast, if you mess it up, you can always peel it off..and start again.^_^

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The shop quoted me $450 for roof wrap. And they aren't removing the antenna to do the job properly. This is a ridiculous price right....

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/23/2017 at 4:14 PM, gstacruz777 said:

I had my 2016 ES estimated for a roof wrap and they quoted me for close to a grand ($CAD) :SHOCKED:. It will cost more if you have a sunroof. Might as well buy any 3M Vinyl rolls on ebay and DIY. Atleast, if you mess it up, you can always peel it off..and start again.^_^

If I DIY, does peeling off the vinyl wrap over and over ruin the clear coat and paint (assuming I keep screwing it up)?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, hngdzzl said:

If I DIY, does peeling off the vinyl wrap over and over ruin the clear coat and paint (assuming I keep screwing it up)?

The clear coat, maybe , but the paint, i doubt. You still have enough time to adjust the film when you first lay it over the panel. That's why you shouldn't peel off the protective cover at the back totally so that you can work your way easily as you go.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wrapping really isn't hard. I spent about 40 on materials to wrap mine in carbon fiber. Removed the antenna and everything. The hardest part about wrapping the roof is you're gonna need a second set of hands, and the damn clips on the drip moldings are a pain to remove. You're guaranteed to break a few. They cost $7 a piece from Mitsubishi parts direct. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had my roof wrapped in a gloss black by a pro shop and was charged $150. I didn't think that was too bad, and they did a great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2017-1-22 at 8:29 AM, hngdzzl said:

I want to have my roof wrapped in glossy black vinyl by professional shop. How much should this cost?? I want to see what you guys think is a reasonable price before I go for a quote. 

Also pros and cons of roof wrap vs painting. Which would be less costly ?

I had somebody quoted mine for $230 cad. Mine does not have a sunroof. -- previous guy who quoted me was all after the money

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Materials should be around $70 for good quality vinyl and the rest labor. The drip rail clips do break easily and cost $6 ea there's 14 all together. Not sure if they factor that in. IMO $250 is decent price as some roofs with prep take 3hrs to complete. Wrap is for sure the way to go as it's reversible and far less $ than sanding and painting.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, stormtrooper said:

Materials should be around $70 for good quality vinyl and the rest labor. The drip rail clips do break easily and cost $6 ea there's 14 all together. Not sure if they factor that in. IMO $250 is decent price as some roofs with prep take 3hrs to complete. Wrap is for sure the way to go as it's reversible and far less $ than sanding and painting.

so you'll do it for $250 man? I'll be heading straight to you. lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now