christophrhall

New Member from Orlando

24 posts in this topic

I am one of the very very few on this forum with a 2016 lancer GT. Figured I would stop lurking and join in on the conversation. 

Current mods

-PlastiDip (Doesnt everyone?)

-Rally Armor

-CNT Exhaust (SP Elite Style)

-Tein Coilovers

-K&N Typhoon SRI

-STI Front Lip

-Side Skirt Extensions

-LED Lights in interior

FullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_1616.JPGIMG_1617 (1).JPGIMG_1614.JPGFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Very clean man. Not used to seeing the new front end of the GT's, but damn it looks good. Welcome to the forum!

Welcome!  Looking good.  I'm still not sold on the new front end but that lip does help a lot.  Keep it up!

On 27/02/2017 at 8:29 PM, christophrhall said:

I am one of the very very few on this forum with a 2016 lancer GT. Figured I would stop lurking and join in on the conversation. 

Current mods

-PlastiDip (Doesnt everyone?)

-Rally Armor

-CNT Exhaust (SP Elite Style)

-Tein Coilovers

-K&N Typhoon SRI

-STI Front Lip

-Side Skirt Extensions

-LED Lights in interior

FullSizeRender (2).jpgIMG_1616.JPGIMG_1617 (1).JPGIMG_1614.JPGFullSizeRender (1).jpg

Looking clean! What specific sti lip is that? Any issues when installing it? I once was contemplating on installing a sti lip, the one that has a fold on the sides but my concern was the center lip of our '16 are not flushed. (semi-fang-type looking). Have you driven on the highways already? does the gap in the middle sucks all the air and be an issue of attachment in the future?  I apologize in advance for all of my questions. :D

On 2/27/2017 at 10:33 PM, joemik1005 said:

Very clean man. Not used to seeing the new front end of the GT's, but damn it looks good. Welcome to the forum!

On 2/27/2017 at 11:57 AM, MINE said:

Welcome!  Looking good.  I'm still not sold on the new front end but that lip does help a lot.  Keep it up!

Thanks guys. The front end was a very tough pill to swallow but its grown on me. Reminds me to much of a dodge dart lol. but you gotta make do with what you got.

8 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

Looking clean! What specific sti lip is that? Any issues when installing it? I once was contemplating on installing a sti lip, the one that has a fold on the sides but my concern was the center lip of our '16 are not flushed. (semi-fang-type looking). Have you driven on the highways already? does the gap in the middle sucks all the air and be an issue of attachment in the future?  I apologize in advance for all of my questions. :D

The lip is this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281518441665?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Its easy to mount. They sent the screws for it and i've driven the highway multiple times no problem. There is either 12-16 screws in it lol. The problem I had was the depth of it. Since the redesign our front ends stick out a lot further than 08-15 lancers its not flush around the entire front end. I'll see if I can grab a pic for you of what it looks like tomorrow. I dont mind the look.

As far as the semi fang look the one I got actually has an indention on top and fit perfectly inbetween the gap.

I only got the lip because I cant go as low as I want because of the terrible roads here in orlando. So it gives the illusion that its lower lol I would rather scrape a 40 dollar lip than my bumper.

15 hours ago, christophrhall said:

The lip is this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281518441665?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Its easy to mount. They sent the screws for it and i've driven the highway multiple times no problem. There is either 12-16 screws in it lol. The problem I had was the depth of it. Since the redesign our front ends stick out a lot further than 08-15 lancers its not flush around the entire front end. I'll see if I can grab a pic for you of what it looks like tomorrow. I dont mind the look.

As far as the semi fang look the one I got actually has an indention on top and fit perfectly inbetween the gap.

I only got the lip because I cant go as low as I want because of the terrible roads here in orlando. So it gives the illusion that its lower lol I would rather scrape a 40 dollar lip than my bumper.

True that! Much worse here in ALberta, Canada not unless you would use your lip as snow scoop! lol. how about the side skirt extensions man? was that also form a STI? Please show me a pic of the center lip if you have time. Another thing also, Your SRAI from K& N, is it this -- http://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?prod=63-5506 <-- this is specifically for manual trans though but I have one guy installed this on a CVT.

Not sure how that wouldn't fit a CVT.  Maybe they just tested power gains on the manual.

7 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

True that! Much worse here in ALberta, Canada not unless you would use your lip as snow scoop! lol. how about the side skirt extensions man? was that also form a STI? Please show me a pic of the center lip if you have time. Another thing also, Your SRAI from K& N, is it this -- http://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?prod=63-5506 <-- this is specifically for manual trans though but I have one guy installed this on a CVT.

Side extensions: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360663282656?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I don't see why the SRI wouldn't work on yours. Pretty much everything i've seen is interchangeable between models

12 hours ago, MINE said:

Not sure how that wouldn't fit a CVT.  Maybe they just tested power gains on the manual.

K&N tech told me if something will be wrong then they cannot honor the warranty since it is specific only for the 16 manual transmission. 

17 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

K&N tech told me if something will be wrong then they cannot honor the warranty since it is specific only for the 16 manual transmission. 

IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1653.JPGIMG_1654.JPG

There's the best pics I could get. It sits flush UP against the bumper but doesn't sit flush around the bumper. It sticks out a bit on the sides as you can see by the second pic. From the front it (in person) it looks meaner. 

20 minutes ago, christophrhall said:

IMG_1652.JPGIMG_1653.JPGIMG_1654.JPG

There's the best pics I could get. It sits flush UP against the bumper but doesn't sit flush around the bumper. It sticks out a bit on the sides as you can see by the second pic. From the front it (in person) it looks meaner. 

Thanks man!

Newest addition. 

XXR 527

18x8 +42 with 215x45x18 rubber

Weak? I know but doesn't require fender roll and the stock tires will swap right over from gt wheels. Plus you get a lil bit of a flush look

IMG_1674.JPGIMG_1675.JPGIMG_1676.JPG

Looks good with the drop

do you know if the 225's will rub if I am on stock height?

How's the Tein Coilover working out? I think I might go with Megan ez street?

20 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

do you know if the 225's will rub if I am on stock height?

I spoke to a guy on Instagram rocking 225s. He said no issues

20 hours ago, carl said:

How's the Tein Coilover working out? I think I might go with Megan ez street?

I've been on them for about a month. No issues. Pretty stiff but not terrible

How much did drop?

8 hours ago, carl said:

How much did drop?

I would probably say between 2.5-3 inches all around. 

Comparison of the front 

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

Welcome! Where in Orlando you at? I used to live there and now live up in Deltona (just south of Daytona). Feel free to add my groups FB page Central Florida Misfits. 

17548846_10212520390789328_1023887674_o.jpg

17668787_10212520344868180_2138720079_o.jpg

6 hours ago, streetracer22 said:

Welcome! Where in Orlando you at? I used to live there and now live up in Deltona (just south of Daytona). Feel free to add my groups FB page Central Florida Misfits. 

17548846_10212520390789328_1023887674_o.jpg

17668787_10212520344868180_2138720079_o.jpg

I live in Longwood. So a bit closer to you then actual downtown lol. I picked my lancer up from RC Hill right by you. Love that hood. Sent that invite for the group. Look forward to catching you around.

On 3/16/2017 at 8:55 PM, christophrhall said:

I would probably say between 2.5-3 inches all around. 

Comparison of the front 

IMG_1735.JPG

IMG_1737.JPG

Hey, are you on the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers? If you are can you go lower if wanted to? I'm considering getting them I just haven't heard much about them. I love the gold wheels on the white lancers!

On 5/25/2017 at 1:07 AM, Nelsonb7674 said:

Hey, are you on the Tein Street Basis Z coilovers? If you are can you go lower if wanted to? I'm considering getting them I just haven't heard much about them. I love the gold wheels on the white lancers!

Thanks man. They can go lower. I would probably say maybe another .5-1 inch on the front and. 5 on the back. They are the same thing as the street basics just a fully enclosed system so they cant be repaired if broken.