Kiwi5996

New on here! 2.0L DI-D Lancer GS4

5 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

New to the forum, got a 2008 Lancer 2.0L DI-D GS4 a couple of weeks ago now, just saving up money to start doing mods to it!

Always been a fan of the Lancers, mums got an Evo 8 MR FQ-320, so as i can't afford to insurance an evo yet (only being 20) went for the next best thing!

Wanted to ask you lot a question though, I've got a K&N panel filter in it but wanted to go for the induction kit. It says it only fits the petrol versions, however i've seen some people with same car with induction kits. Is it possible for me to still fit the induction kit??? 

Many thanks :):) 

Welcome to PL! Post some pics of your ride.  Not sure on the K&N kit for DI-D for performance, but if the spacing under your hood looks similar to that of the petrol versions you can probably physically fit the kit in the bay.  Not sure if sensors will play nice though

Oh hey! thanks, I will have another think! might just stick to the panel filter! Looked at exhaust when it was on the ramp, so thinking of replacing just the back box but struggling to find direct fit. Wanted to avoid modifying an exhaust, any ideas???

There are several options out there,  the key is to look at the piping routes to make sure the aftermarket will match up. Since you have the '08 you probably have your exhaust piping traveling all the way down the center of the car and passing under the rear subframe ('12-later have the exhaust routing over rear lower control arm on the right side). If your diesel follows the same piping configuration as the other '08's then you should have no problem finding an exhaust that matches your year.  If it routes over the control arm then you should source an exhaust for '12 and later.

Hello fellow UK Lancer owner, I run a k&n panel filter with no issues what so over. Personally from what I have seen in general regarding induction kits, you'll lose power and gain a cool sound. I feel that Mitsubishi wasn't far off with providing the best cold air feed to the air filter as standard.

With regards to the exhaust, I've paid about £600 for a 2.5" turbo back system with a high flow cat.

As Mitsubishi ceased the Lancer in the UK after 2011, I think you'll find that all the exhaust systems run under the rear sub frame.

I would highly recommend buying a egr delete pipe kit and replacing the egr valve before the inlet manifold and fitting the blanking plate between the exhaust manifold and the get cooler. This will likely bring up an engine management light but it shouldn't put the car in the limp mode. All the above is reversible, you can get the light removed but that requires the egr being "mapped" out in the software.

If you aren't already a member, I run a Lancer only group on Facebook for the UK models with plenty of info on there regarding our model Lancer.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk