soul

turbo kit questions

6 posts in this topic

So I been doing tons of research for this mod and I been finding mostly evo kits so my first question is could I put a evo turbo kit on a non evo engine (I know a lot of people say just buy the evo engine but I don't have that type of space to swap an engine) my second is what sites should I look at for kits and  plug and play tuners or is it best to do the engine work myself and let the pros do the tuning

yes you can definitely bolt on turbo kit on non turbo engine.lots of people sucessfully done it including myself 😀

totally depend on your budget and time. if u are pro/experince and have done an engine upgrade before then u can do it your self. if u felt dont have time then let other people do it for u.

a lots of site u can refer during ur engine build/tuning. just google it. here at projectlancer its ur best site for ur reference. 

4 hours ago, Abdul Rahim Zakaria said:

yes you can definitely bolt on turbo kit on non turbo engine.lots of people sucessfully done it including myself 😀

totally depend on your budget and time. if u are pro/experince and have done an engine upgrade before then u can do it your self. if u felt dont have time then let other people do it for u.

a lots of site u can refer during ur engine build/tuning. just google it. here at projectlancer its ur best site for ur reference. 

Thank you for the reply that will definitely make things easier in my searches how ever I can do the hands on work but I never done any ecu tuning before but I been told I could use a obd tuner 

use ecuflash with tactrix cable for ecu flashing, evoscan for data logging and etacs decoder for etacs setting/config.

Is that all needed if it comes with a  pre-tuned fuel/timing controller  also is that something I can do myself having never done that

I'd leave tuning to a pro and do the mechanical work myself, but that's just me. There are options for etunes,  where you get ROMs via email from a tuner, log data, and send that back so they can fine adjust your tune.