MINE

Whiteline KSB638 Front Strut Tower Brace

3 posts in this topic

20170506_085644

Link: https://www.carid.com/whiteline/front-brace-strut-tower-mpn-ksb638.html

How Long Used:
Just over a month (700 miles-ish?)

Advantages:
Noticeably less entry roll going into corners.  Exit roll still feels similar as far as weight shift, but with less entry roll it doesn't last as long.  Really can feel the difference on the way into the corners.

Disadvantages:
A bit tighter in the bay, but is still pretty much out of the way.  Adjustment can be a bit tricky to get the mounting locations to line up properly.

Your Thoughts:
Totally worth it.  Gives more snap to the drive.  Our lancers handle pretty well to start but this really tightens up the front end.

Install Time:
Shouldn't be more than 30 minutes.  How I did it:

1. Attach one mounting ring to the bar and tighten almost fully.
  2. Remove the nuts holding the strut to the tower.
  3. Insert the provided bushings into the holes on the mounting ring.
  4. Slip the mounting ring over the strut bolts.
  5. Attach the other mounting ring and insert the rest of the bushings.
  6. Twist the bar to adjust until all holes line up with the strut bolts.
  7. Replace strut nuts and tighten all connections

Try not to drop the bushings into the engine bay - they may seem like they snap in place but they can and will still fall out (I added 1 hour of install time searching for a bushing)

Your Rating 1-10:
9 - could only be better if the install was a tad easier. Also, came a bit marred in the packaging but luckily that was the underside.

Would you recommend this Product:
YES

I just installed mine yesterday. Had a stock bar from a Ralliart and the Whiteline bar is a great improvement. I would strongly recommend this product. I'm planning on installing their front and rear sway bars as well. 

2 hours ago, Darksyde294 said:

I just installed mine yesterday. Had a stock bar from a Ralliart and the Whiteline bar is a great improvement. I would strongly recommend this product. I'm planning on installing their front and rear sway bars as well. 

Evening,

At what speeds did you test the bar at? How many miles on your Ralliart? Would you recommend it for a car with < 6000 miles?