Sepelio

Sepelio

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

Hope you all are well today. Figured I'd start my project page today. I currently own a 2017 Mitsubishi Lancer 2.0 5Spd. It's going to be daily driven so going for a N/A build, mostly focusing on air flow through and around the car. Doubt I'll go with a lightweight flywheel or pulley (pulley could happen if feel like the increase in output outweighs the loss in stability.

IMG_0304_zpslbc6zxle.jpg

Here he is stock with side wind deflectors. Sitting @ stock heigth, I'm considering H&R Sport Springs. I was advised about the damage that can be dealt to the struts so I'm searching for performance struts in the meantime (any suggestions).

Just ordered a Ralliart Intake Ducting (Part# 1505A305 ). Should be here in a few days. Next update will include a pictorial review of the install. 

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy the projects unfolding.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon,

Well I got the Ralliart snorkel installed a week back. I now I said I'd put up a pictorial review of the install but, it's literally just unscrewing the front plastic bolts and lifting up on the front while applying pressure to the top of the rear intake ducting.

If you favor filtration and can afford to replace the filter every 15k-30k, I recommend it. I used K&N on my '14 Lancer ES and didn't like the "exceptional" filtration. If you live in high dust areas avoid certain aftermarket filters. I'd stick to better filtration versus the minimal gains you'll see on a naturally aspirated four cylinder.

Pros

Increased airflow.

Maintain stock airfilter if desired.

Excellent throttle response through out the powerband.

More aggressive sound before and after Mivec.

Cons

Everything that gets sucked up is going to the filter.

Price tag.

IMG_0399_zpspeyomftd.png

Recommended 

With the removed Sight Shield you'll receive more air into the intake ducting.

Next

Injen SES 1838 Axle-back exhaust.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon,

Just placed an order for a Injen SES 1838 Axle-back.

IMG_0440_zpszsfnaird.png

Got a decent price with free shipping. Was about 100$ cheaper than other sellers via ebay.

Thanks to the video post from gstacruz777, I decided to go with the Injen versus any other option. Really like the plug and play option plus the sound was to my liking.

Should have a few pictures of the installed unit with a video or two of it in operation. 

 

Pros

+8HP/+7TQ

Plug & Play

Ideal sound without excessive noise.

Price + Free Shipping 

 

Cons

None to report

 

Recommended 

None to report

 

Next

HIC Rear Window Visor

Sincerely,

Sepelio

 

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening,

Well, I got the Injen SES 1838 installed this morning. Took about 30-45mins. Bolted right up except the nuts provided weren't suitable for the install. They need more surface area or a silicone washer to allow for better grip. I have a slight leak at the flange due to a reason unknown at the moment. Going to purchase a gasket, silicone washer and two lock nuts. Hopefully this will fix the issues I'm experiencing.

IMG_0492_zps07opdroz.jpgIMG_0491_zpsf8bghzq6.jpg

Perfect placement for a 2017 Lancer Non-AWD. Could use an added hanger to reuse the middle hanger for better stability. Talked to a muffler shop said they can get one on for 40$ and they'll look at the leak to see if they can fix it as well. 

Perfect sound. I can't be more happy with it. It's deep and doesn't have any rasp or have a annoying drone at high speeds. Still a fresh install and will see how the note changes over time.

Highly recommended this product. You'll have to accommodate the new high flow exhaust with a lighter throttle but, it was easy to learn how to maintain the 25-27 city miles I was getting with the OEM muffler. In the throttle I can feel a lost of torque/back pressure. It's a give and take install.

Seen as there is no video clips for it yet on youtube. I'll look into remedying that. 

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sepelio said:

Good evening,

Well, I got the Injen SES 1838 installed this morning. Took about 30-45mins. Bolted right up except the nuts provided weren't suitable for the install. They need more surface area or a silicone washer to allow for better grip. I have a slight leak at the flange due to a reason unknown at the moment. Going to purchase a gasket, silicone washer and two lock nuts. Hopefully this will fix the issues I'm experiencing.

IMG_0492_zps07opdroz.jpgIMG_0491_zpsf8bghzq6.jpg

Perfect placement for a 2017 Lancer Non-AWD. Could use an added hanger to reuse the middle hanger for better stability. Talked to a muffler shop said they can get one on for 40$ and they'll look at the leak to see if they can fix it as well. 

Perfect sound. I can't be more happy with it. It's deep and doesn't have any rasp or have a annoying drone at high speeds. Still a fresh install and will see how the note changes over time.

Highly recommended this product. You'll have to accommodate the new high flow exhaust with a lighter throttle but, it was easy to learn how to maintain the 25-27 city miles I was getting with the OEM muffler. In the throttle I can feel a lost of torque/back pressure. It's a give and take install.

Seen as there is no video clips for it yet on youtube. I'll look into remedying that. 

Sincerely,

Sepelio

This is the only clip I have days after I have installed mine.  

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

This is the only clip I have days after I have installed mine.  

Evening,

Yeah I seen that one which made me consider buying the exhaust. Was just concerned about the fitment for the 2017 model. Was looking to post a video so people would know that it fits the 2017 Non-AWD models. :)

What kind of clearance do you have on the muffler to bumper? My muffler gets pretty hot to the touch, almost enough to ideally melt the paint and plastic. Kinda concerned about out.

How is your car these days? Anything fun happen lately?  

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sepelio said:

Evening,

Yeah I seen that one which made me consider buying the exhaust. Was just concerned about the fitment for the 2017 model. Was looking to post a video so people would know that it fits the 2017 Non-AWD models. :)

What kind of clearance do you have on the muffler to bumper? My muffler gets pretty hot to the touch, almost enough to ideally melt the paint and plastic. Kinda concerned about out.

How is your car these days? Anything fun happen lately?  

Sincerely,

Sepelio

At first , I had little clearance and sometimes on cold starts, I heard some vibrations so I brought it back to my local exhaust shop and did some tweaking a little bit. Now I have approximately 1-1.5inches from the inlet bumper. My car is doing good. I've been saving up for some coilovers. Probably be going with Teins and will be purchasing those ISC coilover covers (http://iscsuspension-na.com/store/#!/ISC-Coilover-Covers/c/11995043) to help save the dampering mechanism once it is exposed to salt during winter. I am still on the hunt for that RA inlet duct for better airflow directed to my k&n drop in filter, I wanted to have those fq400 front vent type but I guess you need to put a hole on your bumper and I'm not good at that. I have been also contemplating on doing a tune. I just need to do more research on it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gstacruz777 said:

At first , I had little clearance and sometimes on cold starts, I heard some vibrations so I brought it back to my local exhaust shop and did some tweaking a little bit. Now I have approximately 1-1.5inches from the inlet bumper. My car is doing good. I've been saving up for some coilovers. Probably be going with Teins and will be purchasing those ISC coilover covers (http://iscsuspension-na.com/store/#!/ISC-Coilover-Covers/c/11995043) to help save the dampering mechanism once it is exposed to salt during winter. I am still on the hunt for that RA inlet duct for better airflow directed to my k&n drop in filter, I wanted to have those fq400 front vent type but I guess you need to put a hole on your bumper and I'm not good at that. I have been also contemplating on doing a tune. I just need to do more research on it.

Good afternoon,

Do you have the holes on the bottem side of your current intake ducting? If you cover those will you get better flow from the front? I noticed I had them when I removed my intake ducting.

As a bit of advice I'd wiat on the tune. I'm on the fence between Rallinspired & Works. Have to communicate with both more. Have you done the throttle body bore yet? Cams? If you plan on doing them I'd wait on gettinng a tune until those are done.

I've decided to pause my progress for a bit. Don't want to dump to much money in at once kinda space out the enjoyment while focusing on other things. Pretty sure the HIC rear window visor will be next, then going to get it tinted.

Have fun, I'll talk to you soon.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening,

Looks like they done took down my ability to post pictures. Time to find a way around it.

IMG_0502_zpsfhsywl9g.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit

Hmmmm...

Looks like this worked for now.

Upload image.

Copy it.

Post it to search bar and search.

Copy link generated.

Post picture via link.

Anyways. After a few days of weight reduction I decided to take a shot of my engine bay. Going to dink around and try and tuck some wires now. 

Hope you all are doing well.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now