Sean lancer GTS 1990

7 posts in this topic

I am a new memberand the reason why I joined this site was because I took my car in on the recall once I got my car back I ended up with 2 codes One code is P1590  The other code is p1637 and I want to swap my transmission from a CVT to a manual  and I was wondering how much the swap would cost there's already lot money into the car and I don't plan on getting rid of it if anybody is willing to help me out please let me know 

A lot of money. I'm thinking around $2000-$3000, and that's if you do it. For that amount of money, you could buy another manual car, not worth the swap. 

3k seems a little excessive to me.... should be able to pick up all the parts you need for a swap at a salvage yard for 1k or less...

I thought this would cost about 15000  if it's going to cost me around 3000 to 5000 going for it 

Evening,

I think you'll be fine if you got that money to spend on a swap.

CVT transmissions are nothing but problems cvt transmission blew up and the computer is bad and they want Mad Money for new computer and transmission it's cheaper for a manual transmission and the computer for the manual

14 hours ago, Sean lancer GTS 1990 said:

I thought this would cost about 15000  if it's going to cost me around 3000 to 5000 going for it 

You could buy a beat up evo or a ralliart for that kind of money lol. I'd say you'd be in around 3k with labor at a shop. An 01E swap (auto to 6sp) is around 4K at a shop, and VW parts are priced way higher than Mitsubishi. Especially being just a basic lancer 5sp. I'd suggest finding a lancer at a salvage yard with all the parts you need and go from there. You have all models of base lancer to choose from