Gts08lanc

Andy's RA

20 posts in this topic

recently purchased a '13 RA, figured I'd start a thread to document progress on the car. Here's some basic info

'13 RA

36k miles

mods

GFB BOV

Alpine ilx-700

kenwood swc800

AEM CAI

Plans

Main plans for the car are to swap some x components and stay fairly oem+. Looking for a solid 250-270whp. Shooting for a x turbo swap (and all related parts), coilovers, x wheels (enkei or bbs), finish the top of the interior in black alcantara, and x recaro swap. I have a full new oem leather interior to be installed until the right x interior comes along (two tone leather). On to some pics of the car

CA3ED913-37E1-4AD4-AFDB-9B63DD29702F_1.j076DE993-5197-45E1-B1C4-0FDC94A888DF.jpg55404E19-F200-467E-8DD7-3966F18AA4FA.jpg

F767258D-59F1-416C-BF42-369C9D755F77.jpg32A1B0B4-5091-43BD-8369-1E88DC1F0CF6.jpg

The chrome was way too much for me, so a little light smoke and black chrome vinyl later it's much more subtle. CC3D9D9A-C4E6-4675-A0F2-112308397072.pngAF1BF35E-00F9-4E56-81F3-DA9CDA1B71E0.png

5 hours ago, Gts08lanc said:

The chrome was way too much for me, so a little light smoke and black chrome vinyl later it's much more subtle. CC3D9D9A-C4E6-4675-A0F2-112308397072.pngAF1BF35E-00F9-4E56-81F3-DA9CDA1B71E0.png

Well done. 

Evening,

What brand of Black Chrome did you use? Was thinking about doing the same to my 2017 Chrome Grille. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Not sure of the brand, I ordered it from eBay. The product I ordered looked much different than what I received but it still looks pretty good against the blue imho. Eventually it will be redone once I find the right vinyl but it will suffice for now. I guess I really shouldn't label it as black chrome, even though that's what I ordered.  Next type I'm going to try is the Avery black chrome from metrorestyling. Hope that's helpful

2 minutes ago, Gts08lanc said:

Not sure of the brand, I ordered it from eBay. The product I ordered looked much different than what I received but it still looks pretty good against the blue imho. Eventually it will be redone once I find the right vinyl but it will suffice for now. I guess I really shouldn't label it as black chrome, even though that's what I ordered.  Next type I'm going to try is the Avery black chrome from metrorestyling. Hope that's helpful

Thanks,

I was looking earlier and found these guys.

http://www.alsacorp.com/alsa_film/economy_films/black_chrome.html

I'm thinking about going with them.

Did some work to the car today. Wash/clay/wash/wax

F99E74FC-2373-47AC-9C09-0BB1758A2768.jpg

8DBBB898-D138-4F97-832F-C9FF1B8D0ADF.jpg

i like how the chrome handled the tint. looks like a pewter-like accent. I also have a medium-smoke tint film on my headlights.

Thanks gstacruz777, I was on the fence at first but after doing the window trim it has grown on me. 

0481CEB2-643D-4E0B-8DC8-74F48E94A746.jpg

Here's a neat edit from a friend of mine. Feel free to follow my ig @long.pearl.roof for frequent car pics

18 hours ago, Gts08lanc said:

Thanks gstacruz777, I was on the fence at first but after doing the window trim it has grown on me. 

0481CEB2-643D-4E0B-8DC8-74F48E94A746.jpg

Here's a neat edit from a friend of mine. Feel free to follow my ig @long.pearl.roof for frequent car pics

sweet! follow me too at @lifeofalancer

Some random shots of my car and my buddy's evo.  Also installed his UICP to my carC7090003-58E9-4753-8D12-B96BA7EBFCC9.jpg43411A41-89FB-4790-A625-6B0F2A49854D.jpgDEDAE6DE-5100-41A9-9CB7-94B675B54806.jpg6FD6EEC8-F2DD-4E76-8A4D-0D7E0A1B0EA7.jpg

Seems a good thing never lasts forever 🙄354BE256-6F10-4F64-8354-8E4E529A0DC7.jpg

4 hours ago, Gts08lanc said:

Seems a good thing never lasts forever 🙄354BE256-6F10-4F64-8354-8E4E529A0DC7.jpg

Good afternoon,

What happened? Fender rub or hit something?

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Guy parked his sportster right at my back quarter panel, at the end of the parking spot. It was in my blind spot and lowered so it was below my window line. Barely clipped it backing out. It was my fault however you look at it, but who parks like that? Bike suffered maybe $200-$300 in damage and I'm looking at about $2500-$3000

23 hours ago, Gts08lanc said:

Guy parked his sportster right at my back quarter panel, at the end of the parking spot. It was in my blind spot and lowered so it was below my window line. Barely clipped it backing out. It was my fault however you look at it, but who parks like that? Bike suffered maybe $200-$300 in damage and I'm looking at about $2500-$3000

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good deal on the fixes. 

I was pretty upset with a drunk guy that hit my door panel with his jeep. I saw them do it seen as I was at a friends and was on the Third floor porch. He happens to be the second floor neighbor below my friend. I kindly confronted him about it right after cause there was even red pain transferred to the door handle. He threatened to beat my ass and told me I was a lying piece of shit. I was like well shit this army dude obviously has some problems. So I bit the bullet and took my friend to the train station. Was pretty upset about it you know how it is... first dent. Dude was really mean. I was pissed but I figured I'd forgive him and move on, no point and carrying it with me. So I forgave him, then I believe God told me he would fit it. So I kept faith that it would be fixed. After a few weeks I saw him on the porch and told him I forgave him. He apologized and said he'd pay for it. He was wasted drunk again but this time he was friendly. So I told him I got a qoute for 80$, he said bring me the bill I'll pay you back. So I'm pretty stoked to get it fixed. 

Sorry for the rant but, God is good. :)

Sincerely,

Sepelio

There is no way you have over $2500 in damage, try around $1000 (max).

~$20 for the fender liner if needs replacing http://www.partsgeek.com/1tsj679-mitsubishi-lancer-inner-fender.html?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=ac&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+ShopZilla&fp=pp&utm_term=Mitsubishi+Inner+Fender&gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac7OeP2aerXLBz3CXEWSzFx1RTkIV4HOu0nfmLlIq_PMqDtNt84zcehoCpggQAvD_BwE

Front bumper shouldn't run you more than $500 if it needs replacing, perhaps up to $500 in paint.  If just the clips that hold it in place broke then you can install some quick releases and be set with it.  It doesn't look like those clips broke from the photo though, just the plastic nut insert that holds the bumper to the fender.  A few bucks in plastic hardware and you'll be good as new

On 8/16/2017 at 5:42 PM, Sepelio said:

Good afternoon,

Sorry to hear that. I hope you find a good deal on the fixes. 

I was pretty upset with a drunk guy that hit my door panel with his jeep. I saw them do it seen as I was at a friends and was on the Third floor porch. He happens to be the second floor neighbor below my friend. I kindly confronted him about it right after cause there was even red pain transferred to the door handle. He threatened to beat my ass and told me I was a lying piece of shit. I was like well shit this army dude obviously has some problems. So I bit the bullet and took my friend to the train station. Was pretty upset about it you know how it is... first dent. Dude was really mean. I was pissed but I figured I'd forgive him and move on, no point and carrying it with me. So I forgave him, then I believe God told me he would fit it. So I kept faith that it would be fixed. After a few weeks I saw him on the porch and told him I forgave him. He apologized and said he'd pay for it. He was wasted drunk again but this time he was friendly. So I told him I got a qoute for 80$, he said bring me the bill I'll pay you back. So I'm pretty stoked to get it fixed. 

Sorry for the rant but, God is good. :)

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Nice man glad to hear good karma came back to you. They always say do unto others as you would want others to do unto you!

20 hours ago, MINE said:

There is no way you have over $2500 in damage, try around $1000 (max).

~$20 for the fender liner if needs replacing http://www.partsgeek.com/1tsj679-mitsubishi-lancer-inner-fender.html?utm_source=shopzilla&utm_medium=pf&utm_content=ac&utm_campaign=PartsGeek+ShopZilla&fp=pp&utm_term=Mitsubishi+Inner+Fender&gclid=CjwKCAjw2s_MBRA5EiwAmWIac7OeP2aerXLBz3CXEWSzFx1RTkIV4HOu0nfmLlIq_PMqDtNt84zcehoCpggQAvD_BwE

Front bumper shouldn't run you more than $500 if it needs replacing, perhaps up to $500 in paint.  If just the clips that hold it in place broke then you can install some quick releases and be set with it.  It doesn't look like those clips broke from the photo though, just the plastic nut insert that holds the bumper to the fender.  A few bucks in plastic hardware and you'll be good as new

Lol, yeah maybe $1000 in used parts and my labor. I'm not interested in doing things halfway, I'd rather put the oem components back on that were there initially.  That and insurance is paying for it.  The car needs as follows

wheel refinished

front bumper

Dent removal and respray on fender

new fender liner

new bellypan

headlight

bumper unpainted from Mitsubishi is $770  fender liner is $75. Plus the cost of the belly pan, headlight, exchange of garnishing from one bumper to the other, paint work, etc.  it's a lot more than a couple clips. Bumper is creased in 2 spots, bumper was torn out of the fender, as well as the fender liner and the belly pan. Cracked the headlight housing.  

i could honestly just leave it as is, but I'd rather have it put back to how it was. Down to the last push clip. Except with a fresh coat of paint on the bumper and no more rock chips! Also going to have the body shop do a pinch of touch up too