dcjones89

2015 Lancer GT (2.4 m/t)

13 posts in this topic

Car is bone stock.  I need more juice, plain and simple.  I always use 91 octane.  Just under 20,000 miles.  Not looking to go absolutely crazy, but I'd like to hit 200hp on the engine.  A fun set-up.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  

Turbo. That's going to yield the best result, weighing $ to hp gain.  Just find a used evo/RA setup. 

28 minutes ago, dcjones89 said:

Car is bone stock.  I need more juice, plain and simple.  I always use 91 octane.  Just under 20,000 miles.  Not looking to go absolutely crazy, but I'd like to hit 200hp on the engine.  A fun set-up.  Any and all suggestions are welcome.  

Evening,

Price range? 

CAI - Injen SP

Throttlebody - Maxbore 61mm

Cams - Evo X + Springs/Retainers

Flywheel - Clutch Master

Clutch - Clutch Master Stage 2/3

Header - RRM/Supercircuit 4-2-1

Exhaust - Custom headerback 2.5" w/free flow catalytic converter & free flow muffler.

Wheels - Forged 17"-18"

Cast 16"-17" Ideally 17-20Lbs

Tires - Performance summer/all-seasons. 205/215 45/60 16-18" Ideally 20Lb

Weight Reduction - Anything you don't want.

Stickers - Easy 5HP each. :P

Sincerely,

Sepelio

I will keep all of that in mind.  Does anyone have any insight to the Stage 1 RRM SRI and Pulley?  Reviews?

9 hours ago, Sepelio said:

Evening,

Price range? 

CAI - Injen SP

Throttlebody - Maxbore 61mm

Cams - Evo X + Springs/Retainers

Flywheel - Clutch Master

Clutch - Clutch Master Stage 2/3

Header - RRM/Supercircuit 4-2-1

Exhaust - Custom headerback 2.5" w/free flow catalytic converter & free flow muffler.

Wheels - Forged 17"-18"

Cast 16"-17" Ideally 17-20Lbs

Tires - Performance summer/all-seasons. 205/215 45/60 16-18" Ideally 20Lb

Weight Reduction - Anything you don't want.

Stickers - Easy 5HP each. :P

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Nicely compiled list there, sepelio. 

I dont however think that's going to yield 200hp and if so, you'd probably be spending more than a used turbo setup. 

@dcjones89 I had the injen CAI and rrm pulley on my gts, I didn't think they did anything but make noise and be shiny.  

My my friend is building his 15 x this winter and I am acquiring all of his oem turbo components. I may have my RA setup available come spring. 38k miles on my setup

Morning,

I'm sure 200hp is possible at the engine with that setup. Forgot to add the tune, that's common knowledge though then you're makings so many modifications. Ideally you'll want to go the best bang for buck though so, turbo/tune would be expensive but, would put you over 200hp at the engine. 

Aren't the 4B12 sitting at 168HP already? Not hard to add 32HP, wether it's actual gains or theoretical gains from reduction of rotating mass and such. Atleast to the engine output, wheels a bit tougher, but doable for sure when choosing naturally aspirated. 

As for the pulley, I'd stay away. Intake, there's better options available. If you live in a high dust area I'd stay stock intake with a Ralliart snorkel.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Tune. Contact Rallinspired. :) Heard tons of remarkable gains from NA Lancers even cvt's.

Hello New Members,

(2002+, yes we can tune new 2016 and 2017)

If you need your base lancer, turbo lancer and or Outlander tuned we can tune it for you whether it be a dyno tune or e-tune. If you are looking for fuel economy we can tune for that or if you looking for power gains, we have 2 tunes to choose from lite tune with 3 revisions and full custom tune with as many revision needed to complete the tune. We recently dyno tuned a 2015 Lancer GT with TakedaIntake and axle back exhaust with our new advanced logging and picked up peak gains of 10TQ and 20HP with the car now making 165 lbft and 169.831hp  For more information please checkout our links and if you would like, make a support ticket to get more detail information.

http://projectlancer.net/forums/forum/117-rallinspired/

https://www.facebook.com/RALLInspired-Calibration-Testing-470134839706946/

Support Ticket

https://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/

Just now, gstacruz777 said:

Hello New Members,

(2002+, yes we can tune new 2016 and 2017)

If you need your base lancer, turbo lancer and or Outlander tuned we can tune it for you whether it be a dyno tune or e-tune. If you are looking for fuel economy we can tune for that or if you looking for power gains, we have 2 tunes to choose from lite tune with 3 revisions and full custom tune with as many revision needed to complete the tune. We recently dyno tuned a 2015 Lancer GT with TakedaIntake and axle back exhaust with our new advanced logging and picked up peak gains of 10TQ and 20HP with the car now making 165 lbft and 169.831hp  For more information please checkout our links and if you would like, make a support ticket to get more detail information.

http://projectlancer.net/forums/forum/117-rallinspired/

https://www.facebook.com/RALLInspired-Calibration-Testing-470134839706946/

Support Ticket

https://rallinspired.supportsystem.com/

That is quoted from their thread. 

14 hours ago, Sepelio said:

Morning,

I'm sure 200hp is possible at the engine with that setup. Forgot to add the tune, that's common knowledge though then you're makings so many modifications. Ideally you'll want to go the best bang for buck though so, turbo/tune would be expensive but, would put you over 200hp at the engine. 

Aren't the 4B12 sitting at 168HP already? Not hard to add 32HP, wether it's actual gains or theoretical gains from reduction of rotating mass and such. Atleast to the engine output, wheels a bit tougher, but doable for sure when choosing naturally aspirated. 

As for the pulley, I'd stay away. Intake, there's better options available. If you live in a high dust area I'd stay stock intake with a Ralliart snorkel.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

There is a good possibility that it may get to 200hp with that list, but is the cost of all of those parts worth the 30hp? For the same money or less you could buy everything you needed to boost a n/a lancer. Now for the same cost you've gained around 100hp. Chances are he is going to get bored with 200 crank horsepower pretty quick. I know when I tuned and mildly built my other car 300awhp felt quick at first, but quick enough was feeling slow again. 

9 hours ago, Gts08lanc said:

There is a good possibility that it may get to 200hp with that list, but is the cost of all of those parts worth the 30hp? For the same money or less you could buy everything you needed to boost a n/a lancer. Now for the same cost you've gained around 100hp. Chances are he is going to get bored with 200 crank horsepower pretty quick. I know when I tuned and mildly built my other car 300awhp felt quick at first, but quick enough was feeling slow again. 

Morning,

There are quite a few options for him. We have covered two quite well. Most expensive would be performance wheels/tires. Both routes would have that included in the price tag. Haven't heard a lot about what he wants to do, track car, romp on some streets, look cool to girls ect... 

I'm sure with both options posted he'll be able to make a functional and cost appropriate decision.

He could also just rig up some NOS and have some real fun. :)

Sincerely,

Sepelio

Not looking to go too crazy, just want some more oomph and have fun.

4 hours ago, dcjones89 said:

Not looking to go too crazy, just want some more oomph and have fun.

Evening,

I would try go bolt ons for now then decide if that isn't enough oomph. :) 

For me it's always been about cruising around town and hitting 0-60 every now and again when you line up with someone.

Sometimes 0-120. :)

Sincerely,

Sepelio