13 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have a 2011 GTS I change the water pump I changed the thermostat hoses radiator fans radiator itself oh my relays heater core temperature sensor new head gasket does not have checked for warp heads cracks still overheats

Edited by Sean lancer GTS 1990
Forgot to add something

37 minutes ago, Sean lancer GTS 1990 said:

I have a 2011 GTS I change the water pump I changed the thermostat hoses radiator fans radiator itself oh my relays heater core temperature sensor new head gasket does not have checked for warp heads cracks still overheats

Morning,

Using proper coolant? Have you flushed it? Thoughts on a aftermarket radiator?

Sincerely,

Sepelio

I am using Factory recommended coolant yes it has been flushed due to everything is brand new and I have aftermarket radiator already 

5 hours ago, Sean lancer GTS 1990 said:

I am using Factory recommended coolant yes it has been flushed due to everything is brand new and I have aftermarket radiator already 

Good afternoon,

Sounds like a computer/sensor issue then.

Sincerely,

Sepelio

How bad was the old headgasket

It was not bad I just did a rebuild on the motor

Have you checked your engine fans? Start your car cold and with the a/c on both fans should be turning 

If they aren't turning get your self some alligator clips for 10 bucks from auto zone and disconnect each fan individually and jump it straight to your battery. Test both if they dont turn. Then replace your fans... if they do work then it could be your relays or the connector thats in the middle of both fans.

Everything is brand new with the fans the fuses relays and everything still overheats fans are brand new and everything works

How exactly is it overheating, in particular - how is the fluid level in the expansion tank? Does the car push coolant out of the pressure cap on the radiator to the expansion tank, which then overflows untill enough coolant is lost? Because in this case I would recommend checking the radiator for exhaust gases, there are some easy tools for that that react to carbon monoxide fumes by changing color. If you confirm exhaust gas leak into the cooling system you can go back to the headgasket, or maybe EGR valve leak - it also has coolant passages.